Pocket Queries for Owners?

infiniteMPG

When working on my hides I have run across a couple things that there may be an easier way of doing it. I am the proud owner of +350 unique hides and this keeps me jumping through hoops maintaining. Found I can do a PQ and flag my caches and the attribute "needs maintenance" but this doesn't capture things that may be temporarily disabled. And occasionally captures caches that don't have the "needs maintenance" attribute (just did that).

A quick way to snag that info is if I go to fill out the online form for a new cache submission, before you can proceed the site shows what you own that needs work. Can this be made into a PQ or gathered since the site is already compiling that data? And in a way that can be captured rather than copy and paste text from the webpage.

Also, having many multi-caches and puzzle caches, the PQ only gathers the posted coords but not the hidden waypoints. Is there any way for an owner to capture the hidden waypoints of our caches in a PQ so we don't have to manually enter this info in GSAK or something?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

When creating your PQ, in the That (And) section, you can select "Is disabled."

Sometimes caches are disabled but don't have the "needs maintenance" attribute set. As far as I've seen owners disable caches, cachers flag them as needing maintenance. If an owner disables a cache from a log entry where the poster didn't flag the "needs maintenance" flag then it won't show up in that PQ.

Edited by infiniteMPG
When creating your PQ, in the That (And) section, you can select "Is disabled."

Sometimes caches are disabled but don't have the "needs maintenance" attribute set. As far as I've seen owners disable caches, cachers flag them as needing maintenance. If an owner disables a cache from a log entry where the poster didn't flag the "needs maintenance" flag then it won't show up in that PQ.

So it takes 2 PQs to grab them all.

So it takes 2 PQs to grab them all.

That's kind of what I'm trying to avoid. Something that has BOTH "needs maintenance" attribute AND is disabled would be in both PQ's. Easier to just copy and paste the text from the new listing page.

Would also really like to capture the hidden waypoints of a multi or mystery cache with a PQ.

Edited by infiniteMPG

Would also really like to capture the hidden waypoints of a multi or mystery cache with a PQ.

Since you mentioned GSAK earlier, why not just do a refresh of your database of hides in GSAK? That would bring in all additional waypoints, as well as updating the active/disabled status and Needs Maintenance attribute. Then you could just use filters in GSAK to display the caches that need to be dealt with.

Since you mentioned GSAK earlier, why not just do a refresh of your database of hides in GSAK? That would bring in all additional waypoints, as well as updating the active/disabled status and Needs Maintenance attribute. Then you could just use filters in GSAK to display the caches that need to be dealt with.

Wow.... guess I was out caching when the hook in to GC from GSAK was installed (or maybe forgot to RTFM) :blink: Never saw that "Geocaching.com Access" tab until you said that... like I said - wow.

That can answer both my questions. And it can save me a load of time as I've been generating PQ's, downloading them, then updating GSAK with them. Think of all the caches I could of been finding (or hiding) in that wasted time!

MANY MANY THANKS!!!

If cache maintenance is running you so ragged...

perhaps you should re-consider you cache ownership strategy?

It's refreshing that he is trying to do something. We have a few around here that just hide more caches on an almost daily basis, while the rest of us and the reviewers clean up the mess. One even complained about Groundspeak pestering him with that long stupid list of caches that need maintenance every time he tried to create a new cache. It took too long to scroll to the bottom.

If cache maintenance is running you so ragged...

perhaps you should re-consider you cache ownership strategy?

It's refreshing that he is trying to do something. We have a few around here that just hide more caches on an almost daily basis, while the rest of us and the reviewers clean up the mess. One even complained about Groundspeak pestering him with that long stupid list of caches that need maintenance every time he tried to create a new cache. It took too long to scroll to the bottom.

Oh, yes!

I certainly agree it's nice to see cachers who actually do their own maintenance.

There is a prolific hider just north of here who has a habit of archiving at the drop of a hat, rather than actually maintaining the cache. Then they go out the next day and place five more.