Download mass quantities of cache records?

IntnsRed

I have a PN-40 GPS and the "Send to GPS" plugin. These work fine.

My problem is the concept of adding in cache records one-at-a-time to the GPS, and waiting for the dirt-slow plugin to work. (I really don't need to see those 4 checkmarks slowly check themselves off for each and every cache record that I have to manually click on.) This is stone-age, mickey-mouse tech I feel.

Is there any way to perform an operation of "Grab all the cache records within X miles of Zip Code 12345" and then to add all of them to the GPS? To perform this or a similar operation in one fell swoop? TIA.

My problem is the concept of adding in cache records one-at-a-time to the GPS, and waiting for the dirt-slow plugin to work. (I really don't need to see those 4 checkmarks slowly check themselves off for each and every cache record that I have to manually click on.) This is stone-age, mickey-mouse tech I feel.

Is there any way to perform an operation of "Grab all the cache records within X miles of Zip Code 12345" and then to add all of them to the GPS? To perform this or a similar operation in one fell swoop? TIA.

Two words: Pocket Queries.

Download up to 1,000 caches with a single Pocket Query (PQ). Load that data to the unit and go caching.

Find Build Pocket Queries link on your Profile Page in the Premium Features block.

Process:

1] Build the PQ (lots of parameters to choose from) and [submit];

2] Download (less than 500 are emailed -- more than 500 are downloaded from the PQ page);

3] Plug GPSr to computer, as usual and activate;

4] Open the unit via My Computer as an external drive or storage device;

5] Unzip (if zipped) the downloaded file -- unzipped it will have two .GPX files;

6] Drag 'n drop those two files to the unit (or SD card if you are using one);

7] Turn off unit, unplug the GPSr;

8] go caching.

Welcome out of the stone age.

Two words: Pocket Queries.

Download up to 1,000 caches with a single Pocket Query (PQ). Load that data to the unit and go caching.

Find Build Pocket Queries link on your Profile Page in the Premium Features block.

Process:

1] Build the PQ (lots of parameters to choose from) and [submit];

2] Download (less than 500 are emailed -- more than 500 are downloaded from the PQ page);

3] Plug GPSr to computer, as usual and activate;

4] Open the unit via My Computer as an external drive or storage device;

5] Unzip (if zipped) the downloaded file -- unzipped it will have two .GPX files;

6] Drag 'n drop those two files to the unit (or SD card if you are using one);

7] Turn off unit, unplug the GPSr;

8] go caching.

Welcome out of the stone age.

A couple of things to add to the good overview above. When preparing the PQ, be careful that you don't check conflicting parameters. For example, if hoping to get everything you select both "I have not found" and "I have found" you will actually get nothing as no single cache can match both parameters.

When you first prepare your PQ do not check a day of the week on which it should run. At the bottom select Submit. You will get a preview list that you can also view on the map. This preview run does not count against your daily limit of 5 so you can tune it as much as you want, seeing the results each time. When you have the PQ as you want it, select the day of the week you want it to run, which can be the current day. Click on Submit and wait for the results, usually only a couple of minutes if you chose the current day.