Chrome and GSAK

bananaskin

I have recently changed my browser from IE to Chrome. I'm now experiencing problems downloading caches.When I used IE, I would create a Folder in my documents and call it 'Geocaches'. Another folder would then be created with the title of say, a nearby town/village where I want to find selected geocaches. Once I had multiple caches stored as .gpx files, I would open GSAK and list them in that programme then download all to my Etrex 20. Using a GSAK Macro I would then transfer my cache locations to Memory Map.The map would be printed to aid location in the field.

With Chrome, I just cannot copy gpx files to the location contained in my documents, the file automatically opening GSAK.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really used to IE and Chrome is a completely different kettle of fish!!

On the Chrome toolbar, click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" menu. (it looks like 3 horizontal lines and is near the upper right corner for me)

When that menu opens, click on settings (about 3/4 of the way down)

Once that menu opens, scroll to the bottom and click "show advanced settings"

Once that menu opens, scroll down a little to the "Downloads" section and either give it a location you want ALL off your downloads saved to OR click the box next to "Ask where to save each file before downloading" which is probably the best choice for you.

Since the gpx file is automatically opening with GSAK for you, you will also need to click the "clear auto-opening settings" button just a little lower.

The next time you try downloading a gpx file, you should get a pop-up asking where you want to put the file.

I hope this helps.