Mystery Pin - Oregon 450

I'm baffled by the blue pin and magenta line connecting the pin to my current position.

• What caused the pin?
  • More importantly how do I get rid of it?

MysteryPin.gif

Interestingly, the pin survived the upgrade from v5.50 to v6.20. It happened a few weeks ago and I'm clueless how it happened.

It doesn't appear to be a Route, I checked the Route button in another profile and no active routes. I checked WayPoint Mgr and there was no waypoint close by to delete. I'm stumped?!?

The pin is the location you are currently going to.

To get rid of it, go to "Where To" on the main menu and select "Stop Navigation". Then the magenta line will disappear. The pin may also disappear or it might stay there until you pick another point to navigate to.

Hope this helps.

The pin is the location you are currently going to.

To get rid of it, go to "Where To" on the main menu and select "Stop Navigation". Then the magenta line will disappear. The pin may also disappear or it might stay there until you pick another point to navigate to.

Hope this helps.

Indeed that was the answer and was a big help.

Only remaining question, how did I get in that pickle? I don't recall doing something to go to that point.

Thanks

When on the map screen, there are points that you can select. When you touch them, there will be a red pin. When you have a red pin up, there will be a little white rectangle at the top of the screen that has the name (or coords) of the location the red pin is at. If you touch that white box, it will bring up a new screen with some additional info about the spot. There will also be a larger green button on the bottom right corner of the screen that says "Go" in it. If you click the green "go" button then you are setting the GPS to navigate to the spot. At that point, the red pin turns blue and the magenta line shows up to show you the shortest route to the spot.

That's a complicated series of steps and I was able to reproduce my "pickle."

I suspect I got there by having the Oregon in my waist pack, screen in. The jostling as I was walking must have created the steps to get me into the pickle. Equivalent to an infinite number of monkeys.

My dominant profile doesn't even have a Where to button, so I had to go to another to cancel the Navigation.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

Yeah I rarely go through with the steps to 'lock' and 'unlock' the screen so sometimes I'll be on say...the "trip calculator (mileage, distance, avg. speed, etc)" screen and when I look at it again all my fields have changed to random stuff and I have to go back and change them back how I want them. :rolleyes:

I try to use the carabiner clip it came with as much as I can so it hangs free off my belt loop or something to prevent accidental button pushing.

Yeah I rarely go through with the steps to 'lock' and 'unlock' the screen so sometimes I'll be on say...the "trip calculator (mileage, distance, avg. speed, etc)" screen and when I look at it again all my fields have changed to random stuff and I have to go back and change them back how I want them.
That happens to me all the time on the map screen. I have two fields of data and the one closest to the + - is often changed. Forgot about locking, may have to investigate that option.

I try to use the carabiner clip it came with as much as I can so it hangs free off my belt loop or something to prevent accidental button pushing.
I had the carabiner on the Oregon, I use it to make sure the unit doesn't fall out of the open pocket of my waist pack. I don't like the swinging of the unit clipped to my belt. I have a belt clip, but haven't used it in more than a year, should try it.

For my day and backpacks I use a Fastek clip on the shoulder strap, much faster than a carabiner.

Different folks, different strokes.