Fancy text & pictures in description

CaptainAmerica1

Have you ever seen in a cache description how there will be colorful text with a different font & size or how there will be a picture in the description to say congratulations to the FTF? How am I supposed to do that?

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

6.3. Display an Image in a Cache Description

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=59

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

6.4. HTML In Cache Descriptions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=79

which will lead you to this very helpful site:

http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/htmlcodes.html

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Have you ever seen in a cache description how there will be colorful text with a different font & size or how there will be a picture in the description to say congratulations to the FTF? How am I supposed to do that?

I'd say pictures can be nice sometimes. :)

All that other fancy text in different fonts and colors is really not needed, and just makes a mess when displayed on some handheld devices. :mad:

Sometimes it does come in handy for a puzzle...one where I won't need to look at the cache page once I have the correct co-ordinates. :anibad:

In short, a cache page should be about the cache, and not a way of showcasing your HTML skills. <_<

I'd say pictures can be nice sometimes. :)

All that other fancy text in different fonts and colors is really not needed, and just makes a mess when displayed on some handheld devices. :mad:

Sometimes it does come in handy for a puzzle...one where I won't need to look at the cache page once I have the correct co-ordinates. :anibad:

In short, a cache page should be about the cache, and not a way of showcasing your HTML skills. <_<

I have to agree with this. Especially for earthcaches.

From my experiences, fancy cache pages is a sign of crappy hides, Not always, but it seems that way.

We need a page just for handheld GPS or mobile phone. When you are out where mobile phone is slow, you want something to download fast.