CITO in Foothills of Colorado

So while finding a cache fairly local to me, i stumbled upon a large deposit of trash very very close to the Cache.

Anyone in the area willing to help me clean the area up in the next few days? I am pretty sure i can get a dump fee waived, and i can provide the trailer to help pick up and transport the trash. Anyone here on the forums willing to donate an hr or something?

Thanks in advance.

So while finding a cache fairly local to me, i stumbled upon a large deposit of trash very very close to the Cache.

Anyone in the area willing to help me clean the area up in the next few days? I am pretty sure i can get a dump fee waived, and i can provide the trailer to help pick up and transport the trash. Anyone here on the forums willing to donate an hr or something?

Thanks in advance.

Hi xnixtechinc,

Thanks for thinking about a CITO. There are a number of cache sites that are near some trash piles. Do you have any pictures of what you found? Coordinates would be interesting to look at as well. Depending on where the location is, you may need to get in contact with the land management agency in charge of the property before removing anything from it. I've worked with a number of different land managers in Colorado for a number of years now, and there are some things that you will need to do before organizing a clean up effort.

We're hosting a CITO event next Saturday with Boulder County. If you're able to make it, we'd love to have another set of hands.

- Chris

Hi xnixtechinc,

Thanks for thinking about a CITO. There are a number of cache sites that are near some trash piles. Do you have any pictures of what you found? Coordinates would be interesting to look at as well. Depending on where the location is, you may need to get in contact with the land management agency in charge of the property before removing anything from it. I've worked with a number of different land managers in Colorado for a number of years now, and there are some things that you will need to do before organizing a clean up effort.

We're hosting a CITO event next Saturday with Boulder County. If you're able to make it, we'd love to have another set of hands.

- Chris

Hey, Its City owned and I have dealt with them in the past. As far as being able to remove the trash they are all for it, and willing to waive the dump fee associated with the removal of it. And very possibly with this being done by part of the Geocaching community will definately give us some bonus points on their next city meeting on where and what to allow as far as Geocache placement. Wish i could help down there in boulder on SAT, unfortunately i work 7 am - 10pm otherwise id be down there with gloves on and bags in hand!

Edit: Its just outside of Idaho Springs, CO

Edited by xnixtechinc