A NEW HOLE IN THE D/T GRID

This has sprung from a related thread.

How far have you gone for the express purpose of back-filling a hole in your once completed D/T Grid

For me I went 182 mi. one way. Then there was the three mile hike.

Is your inquiry referring to logging another cache because a D/T changed? The term back-filling leads me to believe that, but the initial replys seem to be just how far have you gone to get a new combo.

How far have you gone for the express purpose of back-filling a hole in your once completed D/T Grid

Is your inquiry referring to logging another cache because a D/T changed? The term back-filling leads me to believe that, but the initial replys seem to be just how far have you gone to get a new combo.

No, mine was for a "backfill".

Yepper:

Your read is correct.

How far have you had to go to grab another cache because of a D/T change.

Yepper:

Your read is correct.

How far have you had to go to grab another cache because of a D/T change.

Ha! We have lots of holes. COs could change D/T and we would never know.

The farthest I've gone with the intent to fulfill a statistic was about 9 miles one way to find a quick cache so I could keep my 'one cache a day' streak going.

Filling my D/T grid has not been a big concern for me. Casual interest at best. However, I suppose hunting a cache that fulfills a certain grid spot would be an interesting way of picking a cache to hunt. Maybe I should run a couple PQ's and see what comes up.

backfills are not a problem in my area,

since so many play by stats, it is not normal (or friendly) to adjust or change D/T

a good while after a cache has been found by many,

adjusting the first week is fine..

but if things change at the location or hide, so it must be changed,

the most friendly and normal way is to Archive, and create another cache,

since the new one is so much different from the old one.

I haven't yet filled my grid.

But, with only four cells to be filled, I do have a bookmark list of caches that would fill those cells.

If I don't have another goal in mind for a day of caching, I will consider that list as a guide.

Once the grid is filled, I will go claim a find on the one (out of two) 'Fizzy Challenge' cache that matters to me.

After that, I won't really care if the grid stays filled or not.

The farthest cache I COULD use to help fill my grid is 266.1 miles away, but there are caches with the same rating (1/4.5) that are much closer.

I've driven all over the country to satisfy challenge requirements. I've done a bunch of them. In fact, after a GSAK filter I've done over a hundred caches that are a challenge in some form or another. That includes County, DeLorme, Fizzy, etc. But I still contend that if this is the way you enjoy playing the game, then the risk is ALL YOURS if you lose a previously scored requirement. It is time to man up and stop whining about the whole ratings change issue.