How to I remove a image of a geocoin?

eatsleepcry

With a Travel Bug it's easy to hide the tracking code. With Geocoins it's a little harder. Here is a little tool you can use to hide the tracking number and be able to post both sides of a coin. Go to http://www.irfanview.com and download the free image viewer (I'm sure many other free image viewers will have this capability but Irfanview is the one I've always used) Load the picture of the coin. Using your mouse select the area around the tracking code (you can use the magnifying glass on the tool bar to enlarge the image and make it easier to work on) On the toolbar select Image/Effects/Effect browser. Select an effect (I use Explosion, Pixelize or Twirl) and use the slider to distort the selected image. When your done click ok and save the image.

With a Travel Bug it's easy to hide the tracking code. With Geocoins it's a little harder. Here is a little tool you can use to hide the tracking number and be able to post both sides of a coin. Go to http://www.irfanview.com and download the free image viewer (I'm sure many other free image viewers will have this capability but Irfanview is the one I've always used) Load the picture of the coin. Using your mouse select the area around the tracking code (you can use the magnifying glass on the tool bar to enlarge the image and make it easier to work on) On the toolbar select Image/Effects/Effect browser. Select an effect (I use Explosion, Pixelize or Twirl) and use the slider to distort the selected image. When your done click ok and save the image.

Cool - you learn something every day.

I'm an Irfan user as well but I would have used Edit/Show paint dialog and used one of the tools there (like the eraser).

Cool - you learn something every day.

I'm an Irfan user as well but I would have used Edit/Show paint dialog and used one of the tools there (like the eraser).

That works also.