Deleting PQ from my new Montana 600

We have used a Garmin 60C for years and it finally died. We just received our Montana 600 and got it up and running. I like to use GSAK and transferred my PQ onto my Montana. On the 60C you used to be able to clear all of the caches out at once to open up space for more new caches. How do I clear out my caches in the Montana 600? The manual doesn't help. Thanks, Melissa

Don't have (or even seen one yet), but the current crop of Garmin units need to be hooked to the computer to delete the file contents, as an external drive (which it truly is, anyway). It is a case of all or none. You cannot delete individual caches.

I do not believe that you can do it through the stand-alone GPSr, at all.

We have used a Garmin 60C for years and it finally died. We just received our Montana 600 and got it up and running. I like to use GSAK and transferred my PQ onto my Montana. On the 60C you used to be able to clear all of the caches out at once to open up space for more new caches. How do I clear out my caches in the Montana 600? The manual doesn't help. Thanks, Melissa

With your Montana connected to your computer by the USB in Mass storage Mode, in the GPX folder find the PQ file (SendtoGPS_date_&_time.GPX) and delete it.

OK I just saw the GSAK part of your question -- possibly the file is called something else, but the procedure should be the same.

btw, the Montana will hold 12,000 caches, so you probably don't need to clear them out to make room for more.

Don't have (or even seen one yet), but the current crop of Garmin units need to be hooked to the computer to delete the file contents, as an external drive (which it truly is, anyway). It is a case of all or none. You cannot delete individual caches.

I do not believe that you can do it through the stand-alone GPSr, at all.

Thanks. I will go look in my mass storage and see what I can find.

With your Montana connected to your computer by the USB in Mass storage Mode, in the GPX folder find the PQ file (SendtoGPS_date_&_time.GPX) and delete it.

OK I just saw the GSAK part of your question -- possibly the file is called something else, but the procedure should be the same.

btw, the Montana will hold 12,000 caches, so you probably don't need to clear them out to make room for more.

Thanks. I will go check on mass storage files and see what I can find. I know this can hold a ton more, but I am the geek and my husband not so much so. He hasn't even had his hands on the unit yet so when he gets home tonight, I want to be able to get him up and running quickly.