Premium App Purchase Question

CastlesCPJZ

We have just started Geocaching (literally, tonight was our first time night ever!).

I am confused with the option of the "Premium App" for $9.99. Does this only work if we also spend the $29.99/yr or 9.99/3mth on the website? Or do some of the extra features like logging and tracking on the go still work? I don't want to spend $9.99 thinking I am getting extra features only to find out that in order to use those extra features I also have to spend an extra yearly/monthly fee in addition to the app cost.

^^ what they said.

I bought this app for my phone and then ended up buying a used GPS. The app is certainly helpful if you have a data plan and certainly if you do not intend to use a proper GPS. There are free apps out there but this is the official Groundspeak version which just makes things more fluid between the geocaching.com site and the app.

Having said that, I haven't used the app since I bought my used GPS as I simply download the coordinates to my GPS during my trip planning stages, record a little paperwork (GC codes, GC name, encrypted hints for decrypting if required) and the GPS's accuracy has historically been getting us within 10-15 feet.

I love the app. Even though I have 2 dedicated GPSs, I use my $9.99 app daily (at the doctors? Pull out your phone for a nearby cache. Out to dinner? Check for caches nearby, etc). I tend to use the app for urban caching and my GPS for larger parks & trails.

I love the app because it has satellite maps, you can log onsite & upload pictures, assign Fave points, grab/log trackables. If you decide to "go Premium", you can also load specific lists to target. My favorite app on my phone.

Have fun!