find a series that does not have a bonus?

Hi, I have done a couple of series and really like them, and have the need to do more!

I want to be able to search for series and the only way I have found is to spot a bonus cache and look for the series that goes with it. The problem I have is how to find those without the bonuses, other than sheer luck and kind COs naming their GCs sequencially.

Hi, I have done a couple of series and really like them, and have the need to do more!

I want to be able to search for series and the only way I have found is to spot a bonus cache and look for the series that goes with it. The problem I have is how to find those without the bonuses, other than sheer luck and kind COs naming their GCs sequencially.

I really like your avatar! :D

You might have better luck if this thread was moved to the UK forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35

You can ask a moderator to move it for you by clicking the "report" button at the bottom of your post.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Just browse the map :-D. Any of the series by Hunky Hamster have a bonus ( most have a bonus bonus too ), also have a look at cachez by MikeG, MrTruffles, Skaface or StevieP.

I wouldn't concentrate too much on series where there is a bonus, just get out there and enjoy the walk, going by your finds you are on the edge of the Peaks, some fantastic countryside ripe fir exploring

The correct answer is probably to do a PQ for caches within whatever radius from home you're prepared to consider (e.g. 10 miles), export to GSAK, then sort the names and look for obvious clusters.

You'll get a listing like this ...

'Adams treasure'
'Agden View'
'All Fenced In'
'Ammo'
'Amnesty for TB Hoarders'
'Another one bites the dust.'
'Are you snookered?'
'Are you stumped in Bluebell Wood'
'BMVC Anthem 10: At  whose bright presence'
'BMVC Anthem 11: Darkness flies away'
'BMVC Anthem 12: Hail, hail, hail, hail!'
'BMVC Anthem 1:  Hail, Smiling Morn'
'BMVC Anthem 2: That tips the Hills with Gold'
'BMVC Anthem 3: Whose Rosy Fingers'
'BMVC Anthem 4: Open wide the Gates'
'BMVC Anthem 5: The Gates of Heaven'
'BMVC Anthem 6: All the Green Fields'
'BMVC Anthem 7: That Nature doth enfold'
'BMVC Anthem 8: Darkness ...'
'BMVC Anthem 9: ... flies away'
'Beyond The Grave - Sheffield Cemetery Multi'
'Birdwell Obelisk'
'Bishops Garden'
'Black Pearl'
'Black Widow '
'Block 123 Evie In!'

... from which it's obvious there's a series called BMVC Anthem {whatever}, for example.

Perhaps a PM can give you detailed instructions on how to proceed if it's not already obvious from the sketch above.

Choose any cache in an area you want to visit.

From the cache listing select "all nearby caches"

At the top of the list of caches select "map this location"

If the cache icons on the map look like a series , they probably are.

If they are not an official series, make up your own route and turn them into a series.

Hi Goofy...

We need to arrange to do some of this caching together (with Jamie). We can introduce you to a few tips and tricks face to face.

It's difficult to find a series without a bonus or two but looking on the GC map usually shows them up as they tend to be in an obvious circle or trail. If you use Chrome or Firefox there are is an extension you can download that allows you to use OS maps for searching as well.