Suncompass Geocoin Gold

eatsleepcry

2rr29af.jpg

I am new here and new to geocaching, I have no geocoins of my own yet, I keep coming across Suncompass Geocoin Gold

can anyone tell me more about the Suncompass Geocoin Gold geocoin?

how hard are they to find in the uk?

once you get a geocoin you have purchased, do you hang on to it, travel and log it or do you put in a geocache and watch it travel?

also how common is it for a geocoin to make it to its destination and back to owner?

sorry for the noob questions. I like the idea of geocoins

I plan on getting a geocookie online soon as well as a Suncompass if I can find one

I don't know about the coin above but with regards to the coins in the UK I have seen a couple of actual coins set free into the caches but lots of them don't last long... too pretty.

my coins stay with me. too pretty to chance them getting stolen. I had an earthday coin that went to all my logged caches to count up my miles until i reached cache 100. then i switched to a 100 achievement coin and that will probably change to another one once i get to 200. :)

I don't know about the coin above but with regards to the coins in the UK I have seen a couple of actual coins set free into the caches but lots of them don't last long... too pretty.

my coins stay with me. too pretty to chance them getting stolen. I had an earthday coin that went to all my logged caches to count up my miles until i reached cache 100. then i switched to a 100 achievement coin and that will probably change to another one once i get to 200. :)

I would love to set one free, have my lucky charm travel the world, but wonder if it would get lost along the way