Cache watchers

BAIN!

Is there a way to see who is "watching" your caches? On a couple of mine I have several watchers, just curious who they are of the local caching community.

There is no way to see who has your cache on their "Watch List."

If your cache is a Premium Members Only cache, then there is an audit record that lets you see who viewed your cache page via the gc.com website.

It would be nice, yes. But, it is set up to be anonymous, so No.

I'm setting up a series along the Hudson River, in New Jersey. Several watchers on some of them. Tough Ten-Mile List area with the major rivers, and tolls. $13 to drive through the Lincoln Tunnel! Are the watchers Jerseyans? New Yorkers with caches on the other side of the river? (I like to challenge them!) Finds so far by NJ cachers, Westchester, NY, Brooklyn (?). Someday the New Yorkers will come out, to get them off their nearby list! Dunno who's watching. They are assured their anonymity. Oh, well. Live with it,

Is there a way to see who is "watching" your caches? On a couple of mine I have several watchers, just curious who they are of the local caching community.

There is no way to see who has your cache on their "Watch List."

If your cache is a Premium Members Only cache, then there is an audit record that lets you see who viewed your cache page via the gc.com website.

You can post a note asking the watchers to contact you. But I wouldn't hold my breath. The same people that enter credit card numbers into half a dozen web sites a day will get suddenly paranoid if asked to share their nom de plume with a curious cache owner.

This topic has been tossed around before. People "watch" caches for many reasons. In fact, a single person (like me) can watch several caches, each for a different reason. Nothing sinister - they want to see who solves it and what the posts are, they're thinking of going there in the future, it's unique and they're interested to see what's up, etc., etc., etc.

some watchers play a game inside the geocaching game, they want to hit a cache as soon as another cacher does because they like the swag each leaves behind, if they use a theme. I know the Park Rangers do also watch, who issues the permits, to make sure you are performing your monthly check and there are no problems, but I was told no, you cannot see them. which I think is not right. the CO has the right.

which I think is not right. the CO has the right.

Why? Why does the CO need to know who's watching? There are countless different reasons why people watch caches, with only a few of them being nefarious, and very few of them being of any interest to the CO. I'm currently watching 20 caches for no less than 10 different reasons. If any of those COs knew why I was watching their cache, they'd realize my reasons are of no interest to them.

me too, was just curious, funny how things can get all blown up out of proportion. seems to me, when people object or protest too much, they must have something to hide, otherwise why not just be honest and say politely why, ya know? was just curious, too.... guess this was a pandora's box question. LOL LOL LOL