geocach app paying more then once?

I have a Iphone 4, a nokia lumia windows phone and an android device,

Why do I have to pay £6.99 for the geocache app for each device?

should you not be able to buy it, and then get a download link for cross platform like iphone, windows mobile and android? or get 1 copy for each of your devices.

Iv paid for the app for my iphone, iv paid for premium membership, I dont really want to pay another two times.

6.99 x 4 is not cheap

Why would you even need the app on 4 different devices? (Not to mention why do you even need that many devices, but I digress....). Just pick the device you think you'll realistically use for caching the most and get that one.

Windows, Android. and iOS are three completely different operating platforms. Therefore three completely different apps. An app designed for one OS doesnt work in another OS, therefore you need to buy another app that does. Makes sense to me.

Not really, most apps like hotspot shield give you a tolen "code" to redeem on up too 7 devices, you download their app, enter the code they provided you after purchase and then you can use it on your other devices.

I have an Iphone for personal use, nokia for business, an android tablet

All have gps.

Most people these days have several devices.

Not really, most apps like hotspot shield give you a tolen "code" to redeem on up too 7 devices, you download their app, enter the code they provided you after purchase and then you can use it on your other devices.

All have gps.

I'm pretty sure that Groundsprak does not design/develop the software/apps. . They have outside companies design it for them. So basically... You are paying a third party (for a lack of a better way to describe it). Not only that, but the phone companies get a piece of the profits. They all want their share.

It's not legal to make copies of computer programs as it is.... And you need licensee agreements to copy Windows software on multiple machines.

The APPS aren't any different than buying software for your computer.

I have a Iphone 4, a nokia lumia windows phone and an android device,

Why do I have to pay £6.99 for the geocache app for each device?

should you not be able to buy it, and then get a download link for cross platform like iphone, windows mobile and android? or get 1 copy for each of your devices.

Iv paid for the app for my iphone, iv paid for premium membership, I dont really want to pay another two times.

6.99 x 4 is not cheap

Each device you list is developed by 3 different competitors. The iPhone runs iOS and is developed by Apple, the Nokia runs Windows Phone and is developed by Microsoft, and the tablet runs Android and is developed by Google. These three companies compete directly against each other, thus their respective App Stores are incompatible with each other. There is no license transfers or recognition by one another. This is the reason you need to purchase the app separately for each device.

Now as for a separate issue, what is possible is for Groundspeak to provide the app for free to Premium Members and to restrict/lockdown some or all features for Basic Members using their API, but it seems Groundspeak needs to milk their users out of as much money as possible. Oh well, this is just how things are. They need to pay their bills and make money somehow.

Edited by UMainah

All have gps.

Your comment MOST APPS isn't true. Cross platform for one purchase is extremely rare. I have had to pay twice for several apps I wanted on both my iPad and Android.