Geocaching as an online dating service??

Geo Ho

I have to believe that you knew you would probably cause quite a stir when you chose your knickname. If having a young man hit on you is such a bother, why not just change your nickname? You were looking for attention, you got attention, you even got my attention and I am an old man, ha ha, now you don't want the attention. Change your nickname and the problem might go away. If not, well, have fun fighting off the wolves. There are worse things in life.

Money Bags

Money Bags is just mad because I didn't want to caching in desolate areas with a strange man . . . ie I didn't want to go caching with him.

AND . . . I don't mind the attention. It's amusing and entertaining.

I believe that I've made it ABUNDANTLY clear that I'm not a 'HO ho, just a ho for caching. So, there it is!

Cache on! tongue.gif

quote:
You people are too funny! How often do you all actually run into other cachers on the hunt? I still haven't met any. But introduced a few to the game!

icon_smile.gif It's too much fun sometimes!

I've actually never met another cacher, though I may have evangelized one (soon). Only found 3 caches to date, for what that's worth.

---------------------

16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

quote:
Originally posted by LobaSeattlense & The Simonator:

How often do you all actually run into other cachers on the hunt?...

Thrice. Which averages out to roughly once per 30 visits (as once was during maintenance).

This exactly correlated with someone I was talking to about it too.

So you are due... Be prepared!

(Once it was StayFloopy, but since he gets around so much, I wouldn't be surprised if lot's of cachers get to log him as a find.)

Enjoy,

Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Money Bags:

I have to believe that you knew you would probably cause quite a stir when you chose your knickname. If having a young man hit on you is such a bother, why not just change your nickname? You were looking for attention, you got attention, you even got my attention and I am an old man, ha ha, now you don't want the attention. Change your nickname and the problem might go away. If not, well, have fun fighting off the wolves. There are worse things in life.

Money Bags

Money Bags, you just have the wrong approach. Obviously a newbie geostud. Watch:

Hey! Geo Ho! Whatcha doing next weekend? I need a geobabe for a little caching. I'll bring the wine. icon_wink.gif

"This is gc.com, love it or leave it "

After 180 finds I've only ran into two other cachers on the trail. The first being RJFerret and the other BobSr. So, I seem to be averaging 1 every 100. So, there it is.

MOPAR: I would LOVE to do some caching with you! Will there be a canoe involved?? Yes? Cool! Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio would be lovely! Make sure that they're properly chilled. You're so sweet! cute.gif

Cash . . . er . . . I mean . . . cache on!!!

I'm doin' a personal ad on a "meet a deranged maniac while looking for a mate" site. It's co-ords, and not much else. Someone following those co-ords finds a bench at a park. And stuck to the underside of the bench is a mini-micro cache consisting of my email address.

Playing hard to get...

"Looking for love at all the wrong co-ordinates."

My "date" with Mopar went well. He canoed and cached with me at Selden Neck Canoe/Kayak Event.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid={B892876B-3380-4C36-A93D-35F8DA8BC2E4}

As far as Geostuds go he DOES have one brain cell that is actually located in his head and seems to be secure enough in his masculinity that he didn't mind when I beat him to the caches! Well, there was that time he threw me in the water . . . so, I could be wrong!

However . . . he wasn't able to scrape up enough spare cash to purchase me an accurate GPS, but I guess I don't need one because I found all but two of the caches before him. Perhaps I should look into purchasing HIM a new GPS!! icon_razz.gif

ANYHOO, keep on stashin' and I'll keep on cachin'! icon_biggrin.gif

For anyone who might be interested I found the e-mails from the youngster who inspired this forum . . .

I thought they would be fun to share . . .

Mr. Godzilla Kong, King: Yeah right I am not yeahright, but mr. godzilla says happy geo caching. I need to figure out to log things I have been to and final find time and an internet connection to do so. ho you later geo ho chacher!

Geo Ho: I don't understand what your message is about. Can you please clarify. Thanks!

Mr. Godzilla Kong, King: Lent's let us by geting together and Geoache and a date Ho Ho Ho!!! OK geo hoer?

Geo Ho: Ok, I'm officially freaked out. Do I know you?

Mr. Godzilla Kong, King: I don't know you otherwise as a geo ho cacher. Should You know me? Would you like to get to know me? I am 20 years old how old are you?

Geo Ho: Ah, I see. You're try to utilize the geocaching website as a dating service.

Mr. Godzilla Kong, King: Is your age 23?, 32?, 18?

Geo Ho: You tell me.

Mr. Godzilla Kong, King: Your young 45 with the same gps as me.

Geo Ho: I'm not 45, but thanks for LOW balling it. I'm bit too old for you. So, I think the date is out. Sorry!

quote:
Originally posted by prairieprincess:

Hmmm...Dating Service??? Smart, sweet blonde 40's female seeking Geostud buddy for early Sunday fall morning geocaching activities in Chicagoland area. Must enjoy getting dirty,wet and cold....does this work????? :-)

Good luck! Seems like it worked for Geo Ho! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Ho (aka - Cache Wench):

As far as Geostuds go he DOES have _one_ brain cell that is actually located in his head and seems to be secure enough in his masculinity that he didn't mind when I beat him to the caches! Well, there was that time he threw me in the water . . . so, I could be wrong!

Daddy always told me; "a gentleman always lets the lady go first". I assumed (mistakenly, it seems) that this applied to geocaching as well, so of course, I let the lady find the caches first.

As for tossing her in the water, it might have had more to do with wet t-shirts then finding caches, but I plead the 5th!

quote:
How often do you all actually run into other cachers on the hunt?

On our first day, we saw another group, they just had to be cacher's. The couple showing us around, just walked up to offer to help.

They were looking at an Oak, when the clue said cottonwood.

Then, while we were showing a newbie couple a cache, a couple got out of their car and they just looked like "geeks" Since we were at a soccer field, we thought we'd ask "Did you find it yet?" Turned out they were going to the closest cache - and we were able to hand them a print out of one about 2 blocks away.

Since we have only found 30 ish, I'd have to say that is a pretty high occurance.

These were 1&2 caches, though.

quote:

Gentleman? I didn't see any gentlemen! Did I miss something??

quote:
Originally posted by RJFerret:

Pardon me!?!! I was in attendance at that event and believe you now owe me an apology.

Sincerely,

Randal

REALLY! I was a perfect gentlema......

errr... gentle.....

gen.....

how come every time I try to type that line a thundercloud appears outside my window?

Ok, I give up, you're right! Besides, it was WAY more fun this way, right?

Okay gentlemen(?), are we going to pull out the epees and have a duel at sundown?

Is someone going to have a testosterone meltdown?

RJFerret - you have been nothing but a consummate gentleman. My sincerest of apologies!

Mopar - you're such a bad, bad boy! Gotta LUV it!

Happy caching and STUFF!

quote:

RJFerret - you have been nothing but a consummate gentleman. My sincerest of apologies!

Wow! She overlooks my immature tin-foil tossing at lunch...just to stroke my virtual personae?

What a sweetheart! (Who'da thunk it?)

{wink},

Randy

quote:
Wow! She overlooks my immature tin-foil tossing at lunch...just to stroke my virtual personae?

Shoot! I completely forgot about the tinfoil tossing incident. mad.gif

Hmph!

I hereby retract my apology . . .

. . . Like I said . . . there weren't any gentlemen . . . obviously I DID NOT miss a thing! Good for me!

Happy caching and STUFF!

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

Mope, I think you owe Mr. Godzilla Kong, King a thank you note... icon_wink.gif

THANK YOU, Mr. Godzilla Kong, King!

Because of you, and your disjointed emails, I have met a wonderful person and gotten very attached to a letter of the alphabet. We've had a great time the last few weekends, and I look forward to many more.

I owe it all to you, Mr. Godzilla Kong, King. Look us up when you turn 21, and I'll buy you a beer!

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

_THANK YOU, Mr. Godzilla Kong, King!_

Because of you, and your disjointed emails, I have met a wonderful person and gotten very attached to a letter of the alphabet. We've had a great time the last few weekends, and I look forward to many more.

I owe it all to you, Mr. Godzilla Kong, King. Look us up when you turn 21, and I'll buy you a beer!

Hey Mopar-

Isn't Mr. Godzilla Kong, King one of your sock puppets????? icon_razz.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

And may no Admin bricks 19490_2600.gif fly your way

quote:

_THANK YOU, Mr. Godzilla Kong, King!_

Because of you, and your disjointed emails, I have met a wonderful person and gotten very attached to a letter of the alphabet.

It is indeed refreshing to see that you are attached to a different letter of the alphabet instead of I. icon_wink.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:

SWM, 39, searching for geobabe to cache with. Must have own mt bike, hydration pack, and GPS. Must prefer higher terrain caches to park-n-grabs and virts.

Mapping GPS and canoe/kayak a plus.

Please include pics (of GPS and canoe/kayak) with reply.

I am afraid I must formally retract the above ad at this time.

This weekend, Geo Ho gave me a diamond and informed me that she is my only geobabe from now on.icon_wink.gifCOOL!

I've been reading this whole thread among you fun-loving folks, and it's obvious that you are having a great time! What a hoot. But now I'm wondering what's wrong with using the chat boards to meet other (single?) cachers? I'm brand new to this, and am loving it, but would love to cache with someone else. Any men over 50 or so interested in caching together in Central Tennessee or Kentucky?

Piratess

I just caught this thread, as I haven't looked at the forums for a while. I love the idea of using gc.com as a dating service. Where else would you find someone who doesn't get that glazed-over look when you're 20 minutes into describing your latest caching adventure? LOL

I'd throw my hat into the ring as a geo-stud, but I had to go find someone not into geo-caching, introduce them to the sport, then chain them to my 4X4 to get them to come with me. So far, one cache in the pouring rain hasn't turned her off...we might have some potential here!!

Until next time...

Trusty

icon_eek.gif

How is this for TOO cool!

I started this thread about a kid wanting to hook up with me . . .

The thread progressed and evolved and things began to get interesting.

I ended up IM'ing and exchanging e-mails with Mopar. Then I hitched a canoe ride with him at the Selden Neck Canoe/Kayak hydro-event because I had no way to get there. We cached and canoed all day. . . ended up spending the weekend together . . .

The next thing you know . . . WHAM!

What do you know . . .

www.geocaching.com DOES work as an online dating service!

Whadaya think about that???

Awesome!

Happy caching and STUFF!!

Keep on stashin' and I'll keep on cachin'!

24342_800.jpg

quote:

I started this thread about a kid wanting to hook up with me . . .

So are you suggesting I should change my alias to something inflammatory, like maybe 'Cache Pimp'??

Or would I have better luck hiring Planet as a match-maker?

Either way, kudos!

Randy

PS: We'll all be hunting for the unlisted proposal cache w/engagement ring within, so he gives you coords to an empty ammo box, just check for 'engagement rings' on eBay!

quote:

So are you suggesting I should change my alias to something inflammatory, like maybe 'Cache Pimp'??

RJ . . . you had something to do with this? I didn't realize . . .

quote:

Planet had something to do with this? As far as I know the only involvement from her was the she told him I was 'nice'. Which, obviously, is true but is not indicative of match-making.

As far as I can tell Mr. Godzilla Kong, King had everything to do with it! If it was not for his flirty, though thorougly incoherent, e-mails this thread would never have been created. Thank you to him!!. icon_biggrin.gif

Happy caching and stuff ! icon_razz.gif

quote:

quote:

RJ . . . _you_ had something to do with this? I didn't realize . . .

No, no, no... I was saying your 'Geo Ho' alias was the seed that began this saga (remember starting this thread?)

Then there was character development, conflict, a story arc, a classic theme, an event, a climax, a whole story that seems to have led to a delightful conclusion.

I was looking for a sequel, featuring me of course! The inflammatory nickname seemed like the appropriate starting point...

quote:

Planet had something to do with this? As far as I know the only involvement from her was the she told him I was 'nice'.

And that counts for nothing? Yeesh, I would at least have sent her 'thank-you' flowers.

Enjoy,

Randy

quote:
RJFerret Wrote:

I was looking for a sequel, featuring me of course! The inflammatory nickname seemed like the appropriate starting point...

I didn't realize the nickname "Geo Ho" was inciting (provocative? perhaps), I thought I was just being clever. Silly me . . . icon_rolleyes.gif

I would NOT recommend "Cache Pimp" as a nickname . . . YIKES! That is definately seditious!

Good luck in developing a sequel . . . everyone should get as lucky as I did! icon_biggrin.gif

As for Planet . . . she has my undying gratitude!

Happy caching and stuff!

icon_razz.gif