Geocaching as an online dating service??

Geo Ho

icon_eek.gif

I received several e-mail messages from a YOUNGER man. I'm not that old but a quite a bit older than him. Apparently, seeing my profile decided that he wanted to either go caching with me or a date. I guess either would suffice. Ok, let's straighten this out . . . my alias is Geo Ho. NOT because I'm a HO 'ho, but a 'ho for Geocaching. I didn't realize that the Geocaching website had the potential to be a dating service! Who woulda thunk it? Anyhoo, happy caching!

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Ho:

NOT because I'm a _HO_ 'ho, but a 'ho for Geocaching.

Wait a minute, I've gone caching with you, what are people thinking of me? Oh wait, I couldn't care less...

quote:

Anyhoo, happy caching!

"Anyhoo"!?!! "ANYHOO"???! I can't picture you using this word C.!

Hmm... Maybe you aren't who I thought you were after all...

{Grin},

Randy

It just so happens, I say "anyhoo" ALL the time. It's actually short for "anyhooter", but that's another story. icon_wink.gif

Yes, I have been caching with RJFerret. And . . . alone. What are people thinking of ME?? Oh wait, I couldn't care less!!

ANYHOO, cache ya later!

quote:

What are people thinking of ME?? Oh wait, I couldn't care less!!

I guess Joan Jett doesn't have anything over us...

Anywho, ( <-- ACK! Sounds like my Mom... )

Randy

"I don't give a dadgum about my bad reputation..."

PS: What are you doing in the forums, get out of here, I was busy bad-mouthing you!

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

You know, this has got me curious now. How many couples are out there who met through geocaching?

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

_Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back_ -- Dar Williams

Hehehe, well, so far ZERO that I know of.... but that doesn't mean I've given up...LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

How many couples are out there who met through geocaching?

How about the reverse? I knew my ex-girlfriend would enjoy it, so introduced her to it and she LOVED it.

I know the CT Trampers discovered caching at their wedding (best man found a container up in a tree at the top of a mountain peak that he climbed for after the service...) Now they are one of the tops in CT.

Randy

well...there's always spzzmoose and aunt gigi...lol icon_biggrin.gif

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

- Jack Handey (aka Jack Handy)

quote:
Originally posted by RJFerret:

...How about the reverse?...

Couples who split due to geocaching? Bellterre had to back off or risk it.

Spzzmoose and aunt gigi sure didn't last long. She fessed up she was married when she chewed out the forums for PMing here. Wonder what hubby thought about being an after thought. I know my wife doesn't go in for the "Gee I met this gorgouse blonde and I took her to lunch but wouldn't you know it I forgot to mention I was married" line.

SWM, 39, searching for geobabe to cache with. Must have own mt bike, hydration pack, and GPS. Must prefer higher terrain caches to park-n-grabs and virts.

Mapping GPS and canoe/kayak a plus.

Please include pics (of GPS and canoe/kayak) with reply.

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

SWM, 39, searching for geobabe to cache with. Must have own mt bike, hydration pack, and GPS. Must prefer higher terrain caches to park-n-grabs and virts.

Heh, OK, my turn:

SWM, forgotten my age (30ish?), looking for geobabe. Must have high-heels, short skirts and tight tops.

GPS, canoe/kayak redundant.

Please include slutty, er, I mean pics with reply...

JUST KIDDING! (Unless you really WANT to send me slutty pics I suppose...) {Wink}

Oh wait, the high-heels belong in another thread...

Heh,

'randy'

Married White Male, ugly, fat, and lazy. Seeks female geocacher in good shape to scale the highest peaks and log finds for the two of us. Must be willing to risk life and limb for little or no reward. Must be willing to babysit my kids while the wife and I go out.

Please submit photo of GPS and proof of fitness level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

SWGeobabe, 30ish, seeking SWGeostud. Must have at least one brain cell that is actually located in his head, enough spare cash to purchase me an accurate GPS, and secure enough in his masculinity that he doesn't mind when I beat him to a cache.

Full body shot holding GPS required.

GEOSTUDS need only apply.

ANYHOO, keep on stashin' and I'll keep on cachin'! icon_biggrin.gif

Mid-Thirties married geocaching couple, into traveling, Garmin GPS V's, traditional caches, long hikes in the woods looking for micro's, evenings by the fireside filling out logs and looking for potential FTF's. Looking for compatible couple for hot&heavy caching. Pushy Magellan owners or couples who don't drive an SUV need not apply. No McToys! No virtuals!

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

Mid-Thirties married geocaching couple, into traveling, Garmin GPS V's, traditional caches, long hikes in the woods looking for micro's, evenings by the fireside filling out logs and looking for potential FTF's. Looking for compatible couple for hot&heavy caching. Pushy Magellan owners or couples who don't drive an SUV need not apply. No McToys! No virtuals!

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to Geo-Swingers!

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow action-smiley-076.gif

Amusing. I like the personal ads-- gave me a nice chuckle today.

I did have a young (under 12) male geocacher contact me out of the blue (the kid lives on the East Coast) to try to be friends. Ummm.... not to be unfriendly, but why would I want to be friends with a child who lives in another state? I don't even want to be friends with most children who live in my area! He also could not put together a coherent sentence, which kind of dampened my enthusiasm.

quote:

An addendum to my previous posting . . .

GeoNerds need not apply.

Independently wealthy and highly fit GeoStuds preferred. I don't want to be caching with any deadbeat weaklings!

Full body shot with cash (not cache) in hand and GPS required!

icon_biggrin.gif

_ANYHOO_ . . . happy caching!

I can't speak for this guy's availability, but he is a geo-stud:

Skubum957 is a Geo-Stud

quote:

SWGeobabe, 30ish, seeking SWGeostud. Must have at least one brain cell that is actually located in his head, enough spare cash to purchase me an accurate GPS, and secure enough in his masculinity that he doesn't mind when I beat him to a cache.

GEO_STUDS_ need only apply.

_ANYHOO, _ keep on stashin' and I'll keep on cachin'! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
North Jersey Geo-Stud Spring Convention_

Ok . . . thanks for the full body shots . . . where's the cache . . . er . . . I mean . . . CASH and no one appears to be handling a GPS. What's up with that?

A man who can't follow instructions . . . how unique!

Aaaaah . . . I get it. The GEObabe is supposed to find AND log the cache while the GEOstud gets to post it as a find. GEObabe does all the work and GEOstud takes all the credit. Typical!

icon_razz.gif

ANYHOO . . .Cache on !!

[This message was edited by Geo Ho on September 13, 2003 at 12:58 PM.]

ACTUALLY.....

My GPS is in the shoulder holster (real studs ALWAYS have a holster) and that bulge in my pants isnt just because I'm happy to see you, it's a pocket full of WheresGeorges. icon_smile.gif

"This is gc.com, love it or leave it "

[This message was edited by Mopar on September 13, 2003 at 01:21 PM.]

SWF looking for geoguy

WELL hELLO you must be a smart person to ask for a photo of kayak and GPS that is the important things

well up here in Maine I ask for guys to show me a photo fo their snow sled . It is a long winter and need to get out and play.

so any way do you have one? and what type of kayak and GPS? I have 4 kayaks does that give me bonus points? How about a jeep for the off the road caches?

hence my name is from the name of my kayak

well I think this is a great place to meet people

keep on caching (bless you)

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

+ _"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy _

keep smiling and enjoy the life we have been given

quote:

quote:
North Jersey Geo-Stud Spring Convention_

Ok . . . thanks for the full body shots . . . where's the cache . . . er . . . I mean . . . CASH and no one appears to be handling a GPS. What's up with that?

Since a real geo-stud ALWAYS goes out of his way to please a woman:

54619_1700.jpg

Better?

quote:
Originally posted by (3 smart blondes & 2 dogs):

SWF looking for geoguy

WELL hELLO you must be a smart person to ask for a photo of kayak and GPS that is the important things

well up here in Maine I ask for guys to show me a photo fo their snow sled . It is a long winter and need to get out and play.

so any way do you have one? and what type of kayak and GPS? I have 4 kayaks does that give me bonus points? How about a jeep for the off the road caches?

I don't have a kayak (yet, I'm still shopping for one though), but I do have a canoe. 4 Kayaks does score bonus points. What types?

GPS is a Garmin 76 (a marine unit, of course!), and I have a laptop with mapping software and a PDA full of cache pages.

No snowmobile here, don't get much chance to use them, so I have a waverunner instead.

A jeep gets you more bonus point's of course. Got a pic of the jeep?

quote:
Originally posted by (3 smart blondes & 2 dogs):

which one are you in the photo? just curious as you are not holding a GPS or a mtn. bike or a kayak so what have I to judge you on?

Look at the second pic. I'm the one with a ton of cash (large bills, Geo Ho), and a big GPS.

She said:

Full body shot with cash in hand and GPS required!

I thought she said Cache in hand...

A full body shot would take a WIDE angle lens... Like a fish-eye.

So here I am, cache in hand....

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to Geo-Swingers!

icon_rolleyes.gif Please, it's called _lifestyle_ now. icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

Sheesh! I just wanted a date . . . I don't want to get caught up in some sort of "lifestyle". Dating is getting far too complicated! icon_razz.gif

quote:

Hmmm, OK so far... icon_smile.gif

quote:

Awww, crap. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
GEOSTUDS need only apply.

DOUBLE CRAP icon_frown.gif

And here I was all set to ask you to marry me when I read your response to the 'worst nightmare' thread... icon_wink.gif

---------------------

16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

quote:

Ahh Geo Ho, you're a babe indeed. If only you were closer to the Atlanta area I think we'd have some fun on the cache hunts together. Oh well, my search for a GeoGF continiues.

----------------------------------------------------------------

What's the Frequency, Jeremy?

----------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by New England n00b:

Hey, I proposed first! ... Even though I don't qualify...

icon_smile.gif

Don't feel bad, she emailed me then ditched me icon_frown.gif

Gee, and Planet had just got done telling me all about how NICE she was too..........

Mopar . . . I didn't ditch you . . . we were exchanging wonderful and romantic (?) e-mails and then I never heard from you again. (sniff) I feel so used. icon_frown.gif

NE n00b . . . yes . . . you were the first to propose. And we seem to have mutual interests; however, you claim to not meet my strict requirements . . . so . . .

Mopar at least has the cache . . . I mean CASH . . . and GPS in hand. (Who's that guy in the middle?? ROWRRRR!)

AND . . . Planet's right! I AM NICE! She's so sweet.

Please continue fighting over me. It's perfectly acceptable.

Cache on!

"If you're going to fight, do it gladiator style. That way you guys can wear those cute little

outfits."

Gladiators generally fought in the nude, but you knew that didn't you?

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

quote:

Mopar . . . I didn't ditch you . . . we were exchanging wonderful and romantic (?) e-mails and then I never heard from you again. (sniff) I feel so used. icon_frown.gif

Hmmm, I thought it was YOUR turn to reply? Though maybe my GPS wasn't big enough.

Hmmmm . . . WAS it my turn to e-mail you? I don't remember.

Now, I'm confused.

All that cache . . . er . . . I mean CASH in hand made my head spin.

And . . . yes, your GPS is quite large enough, thank you!

Are you going to let New England n00b pop you in the eye like that? Fight back man! Fight! Fight! FIGHT!

quote:

Hmmmm . . . WAS it my turn to e-mail you? I don't remember.

Now, I'm confused.

All that cache . . . er . . . I mean CASH in hand made my head spin.

And . . . yes, your GPS is quite large enough, thank you!

Are you going to let New England n00b pop you in the eye like that? Fight back man! Fight! Fight! FIGHT!

I'm not wrong often, but when I am, I'm man enough to admit it. I just went back thru my emails to forward my reply, and I found an unread reply to my last email. So I was wrong, it was my turn.

As for the gladiator style fighting, I'm reasonable secure in my manhood and all that, but.......

How about I kick him in the shin instead?