achievement coind and engraving

So you can get coins for milestones achieved 100 250 etc and the websites say you can get your local cobbler to engrave them great.

But today I asked how much it would cost to engrave RIP George and the date for my daughters guinea pig onto a brass plaque and they wanted to charge me in excess of 12 quid. So i asked what about putting a date on an award coin and they said £8 minimum

Now maybe I am being ripped off here but if you get your coins engraved where do people go and what does it cost you surely not nearly a tenner . If I ever get to a milestone I dont think I will be engraving them at this rate.

Edited by Geolab&Co

I've bought a geo-achievement coin for each of our milestones and then had our caching name engraved by the combined local cobbler/keycutter/sports trophy/pet accessories/shoeshop man in our village. He charges £10.

MrsB

Was this each one or for a collections of them

Probably the most economic way to have them engraved is to buy them directly from Coin & Pins who offer to engrave the for $6, however any savings may well be lost with the international shipping.

Just checked and with $9.45 shipping it comes out at around £19.68, not cheap IMHO but probably cheaper than buying from a UK supplier and then adding £10 to get it engraved.

So you can get coins for milestones achieved 100 250 etc and the websites say you can get your local cobbler to engrave them great.

But today I asked how much it would cost to engrave RIP George and the date for my daughters guinea pig onto a brass plaque and they wanted to charge me in excess of 12 quid. So i asked what about putting a date on an award coin and they said £8 minimum

Now maybe I am being ripped off here but if you get your coins engraved where do people go and what does it cost you surely not nearly a tenner . If I ever get to a milestone I dont think I will be engraving them at this rate.

Not sure if it's quite what you were thinking of but I created this travel bug for my cat Pru

95d173d8-35db-41c4-8346-5d0c67d8d881.jpg

joined with a simple TB, it has her dates (1992-2012) on the reverse.

for my Sisters dog I had one made, using the code from a TB and the words trackable at www.geocaching.com printed on it

both from http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/Dog-Tags

the standard price plus postage is off putting, but sign up to the newsletter and you get email offers with special prices and free postage etc... the ones I have purchased have come out at around £2 each on special offer (and the offers get repeated frequently) so for around £7 (inc TB purchase) you can have a personalised trackable

eta - I see they are on special offer at the moment here http://www.artscow.com/promote/fcfs.aspx $2.99 inc free shipping, so less than £2 each :-)

Edited by pixeltash