Uploading pics from PC to log soooo slow.

kansashicks

We have only been caching for about 2 years, and love it. It seems while hiking, golfing, jeeping, caching, etc. my wife spends more time taking pictures than anything else. She downloads them on her PC, improves them, and while uploading them from PC to log, it takes a long time. I mean a LONG time, and only one at a time. On others sites (facebook, yahoo, MSN, etc.) they upload much faster, and easier, and 3-4 at a time. What are we doing wrong? Thanks

It might have to do with the program you're using to improve them.

When loaded straight from the camera, it's seconds usually for me.

With all the other projects I'd like to see done, I hope being able to add 3-4 pics at a time isn't on the top of someones list.

- Thankfully, this site is nothing like others.

I've been resizing mine to 640x480, otherwise that's what the site sizes them. Can cache photos be any larger? If so, upload them at whatever size is the max. At 640x480, they send pretty quickly.

And I prefer the freeware IrfanView to resize.

I use freeware called "Fotosizer". But I do need to install IrfanView. Thanks for the reminder. :anicute:

Thanks for the replies! My wife is so pickie(sp) she really works on a picture before she saves it to her folders. After reading these comments, she has uploaded some before she works on them, and that has sure helped, because it had been taking up to an hour per pic. She is not satisfied with the quality of the pics before she enhances them, but I can't tell much difference. Mostly we just post some "close to GZ, flowers, and contents, no spoilers". Anyway, I've been telling her for some time,"who cares". I guess that shows who is the "Top Dog" in this outfit. <_< Thanks again folks.

Thanks for the replies! My wife is so pickie(sp) she really works on a picture before she saves it to her folders. After reading these comments, she has uploaded some before she works on them, and that has sure helped, because it had been taking up to an hour per pic. She is not satisfied with the quality of the pics before she enhances them, but I can't tell much difference. Mostly we just post some "close to GZ, flowers, and contents, no spoilers". Anyway, I've been telling her for some time,"who cares". I guess that shows who is the "Top Dog" in this outfit. <_< Thanks again folks.

Nothing wrong with wanting your pictures to be the best they can be! :)

I don't know that I would be spending an hour on each one, but as long as she is enjoying herself... ;)