What was your first geocoin?

scottmcblane

Very interesting that this thread should come up right now!

I got my first geocoin for my birthday in 2010. It was the Norwegian geocoin 2007. Of course I understood that it was beautiful, but I didn't realize that it was rare and might disappear fast if I sent it out travelling: http://coord.info/TB1AV86

Well, my coin went travelling that same day, its goal was to visit all 18 states of Norway. By the end of 2011 it had managed 16! After that, a year with movements only in the wrong directions, but still not stolen.

Finally, yesterday, a fellow geocacher from another part of the country brought the coin back to me. Now it sits right here in my drawer together with my collection of other Norwegian coins.

I wish that the coin will visit the last two states, but I'm too scared that it will disappear. I hope to finish the journey myself, or perhaps in the hands of someone I know I can trust.

e7e27a90-0a29-4b66-9872-af95ac4ae6d8.jpg

That is really great to hear... Finally a story that has a good ending so far :) maybei the Norwegian Cachers are more honest than others... :ph34r:

I got my first geocoin for my birthday in 2010. It was the Norwegian geocoin 2007. Of course I understood that it was beautiful, but I didn't realize that it was rare and might disappear fast if I sent it out travelling: http://coord.info/TB1AV86

Well, my coin went travelling that same day, its goal was to visit all 18 states of Norway. By the end of 2011 it had managed 16! After that, a year with movements only in the wrong directions, but still not stolen.

Finally, yesterday, a fellow geocacher from another part of the country brought the coin back to me. Now it sits right here in my drawer together with my collection of other Norwegian coins.

I wish that the coin will visit the last two states, but I'm too scared that it will disappear. I hope to finish the journey myself, or perhaps in the hands of someone I know I can trust.

Our first Geocoin was the Rusty o Junk.

We found it in one of our earliest finds and new since it wasn't trackable to treat it as swag.

Since we didn't have another coin, our personal hadn't been minted yet, we left about everything in our swag bag in an effort to trade even.

We still have it in our first binder of coins.

rustyojunk-a.jpg

Great Story, thanks for sharing :)

My first geocoin was Happy Caching - Toadstool Geocoin. I put it in a cache in august 2008 and it disappeared. After 3 years GeoGraaffie asked me if he could use the tracking number, as the coin was missing after all. I agreed and transferred the code to him. 5 days later he was contacted by somebody who had the coin. After a few mails and a letter in the post, the coin got home again. Now it's hanging on my wall with the letter with which it came back;

Myfirstgeocoin_zps1c18372f.jpg

As near as I can tell the first coins I activated were a set of 4 Blazing Sun micros. Three were sent traveling, one was kept for the collection. One of those micros still pops up about once a year. Haven't heard from the others for a while...

But I think the first coins I owned were a pair of Team Sand Dollar v2.5. They were activated a week after the Blazing Suns. I had a black one and a silver one. The black one went traveling, and actually record its goal destination! Then, on th way back it got stalled in the Southwest. It disappeared for a year, then popped back up only to go silent after a move or two.