Tarryall in April?

TheWinterTrio

Hey All,

I may be in the area in April and was wondering about the availability of Tarryall? (Snow, ect) I'll be in a Rental Car and it looks like a dirt road, how is the road? Also, how much is the hike? Looks like it's pretty close to the road, so I'm guessing the climb isn't too bad, but I've spent all my life at sea-level in the PNW....

Any other suggestions for can't miss caches?

Thanks.

-TWT

Edited by TheWinterTrio

I may be in the area in April and was wondering about the availability of Tarryall? (Snow, ect) I'll be in a Rental Car and it looks like a dirt road, how is the road? Also, how much is the hike? Looks like it's pretty close to the road, so I'm guessing the climb isn't too bad, but I've spent all my life at sea-level in the PNW....

Any other suggestions for can't miss caches?

Second question first.... there are many caches in the Colorado Springs area that are fun to find, both from a "difficulty" standpoint to a "this was an interesting hide" standpoint. What you want to find is may depend on how much time you have to spend in the area.

Now for your first question. The road back to Tarryall is a paved macadam road, meaning oil and rocks but hardpacked. It is open all season so it will be passable in April. The "hike" shouldn't be all that hard and I doubt that you will run into much snow. There might be some patches of it but most should have melted off. I haven't been to the new location but in general the area up there isn't all that hard of a climb, probably more like a gentle hill.

Hope you enjoy your trip out here, and have fun caching.