Final coordinates finally.

Roman!

I think GS should make it mandatory that all puzzles and multis have the final coordinates posted (maybe encrypted) on the cache page for those of us that don't enjoy jumping through hoops to find a cache.

Let's make this happen.

Stop being selfish and think about the people who DO enjoy working out those puzzles. If you don't enjoy puzzles you can simply not do them instead of ruining the fun for others.

I can't do Wherigo and chirp caches, but you don't hear me asking for them to be reduced to a traditional. I grant other people their fun.

I think GS should make it mandatory that all puzzles and multis have the final coordinates posted (maybe encrypted) on the cache page for those of us that don't enjoy jumping through hoops to find a cache.

Let's make this happen.

Stop being selfish and think about the people who DO enjoy working out those puzzles. If you don't enjoy puzzles you can simply not do them instead of ruining the fun for others.

I can't do Wherigo and chirp caches, but you don't hear me asking for them to be reduced to a traditional. I grant other people their fun.

Then they too should have final coordinates posted.

Let's make this happen.

Or you could just not hunt puzzle caches. What's next, direct to your door delivery for people that feel getting out of their house is too much "jumping through hoops"? Either solve it or find somebody that has solved it and get the coords from them. Geez.

Amazing. All these "I want's" are getting more and more ridiculous all the time. Let's do away with puzzles, multi's, and anything else that doesn't tell us exactly where a cache is located. As a matter of fact, just post the coordinates and allow logging through Google Earth. That way you don't even have to leave home and get your sneakers dirty.

In all the years I've read these forums I've never seen as many suggestions to gut and replace the essence of geocaching that I've seen lately.

If someone is that bored with the hobby, then do something else and leave the rest of us to enjoy it as it was intended.

(Late April Fools?)

Edited by Fiver1

Let's make this happen.

And for those that don't know what the definition of "Selfish" is, here's a pretty good one:

Selfishness is placing concern with oneself or one's own interests above the well-being or interests of others.

Let's make this happen.

Why stop there? All caches should have a maximum difficulty rating of 2. After all, if you can't find it within 10 minutes (including driving time) of the cache being published, what's the point?

Let's make this happen.

I think those are refered to as "Traditionals".

Let's make this happen.

Just do what the cachers do around here. One cacher solves the puzzle itself, and emails all the other cachers in the area with the solution. Profit.

Let's make this happen.

You're a day late for April Fools day, bud.

Who the heck are you to say when someone can or can not be a fool?

Amazing. All these "I want's" are getting more and more ridiculous all the time. Let's do away with puzzles, multi's, and anything else that doesn't tell us exactly where a cache is located. As a matter of fact, just post the coordinates and allow logging through Google Earth. That way you don't even have to leave home and get your sneakers dirty.

In all the years I've read these forums I've never seen as many suggestions to gut and replace the essence of geocaching that I've seen lately.

If someone is that bored with the hobby, then do something else and leave the rest of us to enjoy it as it was intended.

(Late April Fools?)

Let me ask you this, what does sitting at home on your butt googling solutions to random puzzles have to do with the essence of Geocaching?

Let's make this happen.

And for those that don't know what the definition of "Selfish" is, here's a pretty good one:

Selfishness is placing concern with oneself or one's own interests above the well-being or interests of others.

I actually I am being extremely unselfish, I'm asking for the coordinates to be posted on the page so cachers that normally wouldn't do the puzzle could still experience the cache while those that enjoy puzzles can still choose to solve them.

I actually I am being extremely unselfish, I'm asking for the coordinates to be posted on the page so cachers that normally wouldn't do the puzzle could still experience the cache while those that enjoy puzzles can still choose to solve them.

no a puzzle cache is that a puzzle thats the idea of it. to post the answer means you don't have to work out the puzzle making it a traditional. why should you be given the co-ords when others have sat and used their brains to work it out themselves? if you can't do puzzles then don't do the cache type.

I'm asking for the coordinates to be posted on the page so cachers that normally wouldn't do the puzzle could still experience the cache while those that enjoy puzzles can still choose to solve them.

I'm asking that once a week every new cache within 1000 miles be delivered to my house by Fedex so I can sign the log. Be sure to include a paid return label.

no a puzzle cache is that a puzzle thats the idea of it. to post the answer means you don't have to work out the puzzle making it a traditional. why should you be given the co-ords when others have sat and used their brains to work it out themselves? if you can't do puzzles then don't do the cache type.

People that don't do puzzles get solutions from others, why not just give cachers the option to get the coordinates from the cache page instead?

Let's make this happen.

They should also make it mandatory that all caches use a 55 gallon drum painted international orange, Geo-piles are not allowed, it can't be behind a large object that could obscure the view, it must not be in an area with tree coverage, it can not be published until the satalite image is updated, it must have a proximity alarm in it that activates and audio/visual alert system when you get within 50 feet of it, it will have to fill out the log for you and read your mind to access details of your search that it will then use to upload your log to GC.com ensuring there are no TFTC logs and it will use multiple cameras to take pictures of your search and upload those as well.

Oh and it will be loaded with pre-approved high dollar SWAG items and unactived TB's and GC's for each finder.

Seeing the cache in a satalite view is good enough to log it and your rewards will be shipped to you.\

Or....you can stick with LPC's and let those that enjoy the puzzles do them.

People that don't do puzzles get solutions from others, why not just give cachers the option to get the coordinates from the cache page instead?

If thats how you get round it then fine but to post the coordinates on the page takes away the challenge of a puzzle so maybe you should just continue to do the puzzles how you do them and i will continue to do the puzzles the way i do.

My perspective on this one is that some people choose to hide puzzles and multicaches without the final coords listed on the website. It isn't unreasonable for Groundspeak to honor their wishes in listing those caches. I'm not in favor of forcing people into choices regarding their own caches whether it be the final coords or a FTF as we discussed in another thread. If puzzles and multis aren't something you enjoy, pass them by, no reason you have to find every cache.

I don't like the idea of actually posting the final coordinates, but I'm not against the GC site having its own "geochecker" tool for folks to put on their cache pages (without having to go through a third party). Those have sure saved me a couple of wild goose chases...

I don't like the idea of actually posting the final coordinates, but I'm not against the GC site having its own "geochecker" tool for folks to put on their cache pages (without having to go through a third party). Those have sure saved me a couple of wild goose chases...

now that is a good idea. mostly because they don't give you the answer but will confirm if you're right or not.

(Late April Fools?)

Let me ask you this, what does sitting at home on your butt googling solutions to random puzzles have to do with the essence of Geocaching?

The brain is a funny little thing. If you don't use it, you lose it. I don't google solutions to random puzzles either. I only look at the ones that interest me. :D

Let's make this happen.

But you are forcing your way of playing the game on me (and other cache owners) just because you don't like to work on puzzles. What if I don't want people to have the capabilty to short circuit a puzzle I painstakingly crafted?

Hit the "Ignore Listing" link on puzzle caches. Play the way you want, and I'll play the way I want.

Let's make this happen.

I already encrypt the final co-ords on all my cache pages, in the form of a 'puzzle'.

There are 3 prominent puzzles in my area, I have not given any of them a minute and never will but many have. They are 2 years out without anyone solving them.

So I'm revamping my idea because I am reasonable and do listen to other people.

After a year without a multi or puzzle being solved or a year between finds the cache reverts to a traditional.

On a side note how many have done a 5+ stage multi only to find the second to last stage is missing?

Edited by Roman!

There are 3 prominent puzzles in my area, I have not given any of them a minute and never will but many have. They are 2 years out without anyone solving them.

After a year without a multi or puzzle being solved or a year between finds the cache reverts to a traditional.

On a side note how many have done a 5+ stage multi only to find the second to last stage is missing?

Why not just ask the CO for a hint or two, or even ask for give-away hints on a puzzle if you're having trouble with it. We've been asked for them on several occasions on some of our puzzles and we have no problem giving hints to whatever level the finder feels comfortable with. I don't think most COs would mind. And those that do, well, it's still their perogative to not give hints.

On a related note, I don't think it would unreasonable to allow the CO to change his/her own puzzle to a traditional at any time without having to archive the puzzle first and then resubmit as a traditional.

As far as the 5+ stage multi goes, yeah, it can frustrating to get almost through and not be able to find that missing stage but the alternative wouldn't be posting the final coords on the page. That would just make it a 1 stage traditional. And it's not the same to say just don't look.

And that would be about as fun as taking a rappelling cache and lowering it to the bottom of a cliff because there was no finders. :rolleyes:

But you may have a point. With all of the broken toys in caches, perhaps the game should be geared more towards small children. Have only 2 levels of difficulty and only traditionals available. Add a second maintenance icon with a "bodily waste" picture when one of the little miscreants pees and poos in the container. Give playground hides their own icon, and prohibit nanos and micros as potential choking hazards. I can see some Groundspeak advertising potential on Pampers boxes as well. :D

Let's make this happen.

And now appearing on his latest soap box; Roman!!! If it doesn't fit his idea of how things should be then it must be changed. :laughing:

Let's make this happen.

And now appearing on his latest soap box; Roman!!! If it doesn't fit his idea of how things should be then it must be changed. :laughing:

That is so far from the truth, you have no idea how much I actually tolerate without bringing it up here.

Edited by Roman!

Let's make this happen.

They should also make it mandatory that all caches use a 55 gallon drum painted international orange, Geo-piles are not allowed, it can't be behind a large object that could obscure the view, it must not be in an area with tree coverage, it can not be published until the satalite image is updated, it must have a proximity alarm in it that activates and audio/visual alert system when you get within 50 feet of it, it will have to fill out the log for you and read your mind to access details of your search that it will then use to upload your log to GC.com ensuring there are no TFTC logs and it will use multiple cameras to take pictures of your search and upload those as well.

Oh and it will be loaded with pre-approved high dollar SWAG items and unactived TB's and GC's for each finder.

Seeing the cache in a satalite view is good enough to log it and your rewards will be shipped to you.\

Or....you can stick with LPC's and let those that enjoy the puzzles do them.

where's the 'Like' button?!

As has been raised in this thread, it still neutralises the effort that cache owners such as myself put into crafting puzzles if the system automatically just gives out the co-ords.

And how do you know they've not been solved, just because they've not been logged as found? Seeing as the in-built geochecker idea discussed in this thread, which has been raised many times, hasn't been implemented, a puzzle could be solved on a daily basis and the site wouldn't know, it would only know when it was last found. I've got 300 puzzles in my solved-to-be-hunted-for list.

And if the last stage of a multi goes missing, there are means already open to finders, such as notes, emails to the CO, and NM logs.

My current kick is finding caches that have not been found in a long time. Many of those are difficult puzzles. Your plan would eliminate my way of playing. Whatever happened to letting people play their

way?

Oh, right. I forgot. It's only important for people to live and let live when it's something you like.

I already encrypt the final co-ords on all my cache pages, in the form of a 'puzzle'.

This is ultimately the best answer to the OP. Unencrypted answers freely given on the cache page completely negate the entire purpose of a "puzzle cache". Might as well place an EarthCache inside a McDonald's.

The description is there so you can decide if you want to go get the cache - once you see it is a multi or puzzle - move on to the next - sometimes you might have to go thru a lot, before you find one worthy of your criteria. Good luck hope you find some great ones and have a ball. The right cache will take you somewhere interesting!

That is so far from the truth, you have no idea how much I actually tolerate without bringing it up here.

(deep sigh) If only you'd exercised just a little more restraint and spared us from this thread.

And your others. :ph34r: