NEW GEOCOIN- JFK Remembered

mo pirate

I have been thinking about making a JFK geocoin in my continued HISTORICAL ANNIVERSARIES series! Yes, I am a History Major! What else would you expect from me? Titanic, Hindenburg, Amelia Earhart, and now? I really like his "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country" slogan. I think we need that more than ever now. Anyhow it is anniversaries for both the sinking of the PT109 and the assassination this year. I have blueprints back but made a few adjustments. Let me know what you think and I will post the next blueprint set. Right now it is a 2" Antique Bronze.

thanks,

MO Pirate

Sound like a great coin idea, I would buy two.

Colorado Bear

Thanks for all the great comments. I know it will not be much for our European friends but it should be desireable here in the US. August is 70 years ago for the sinking of the PT109 and 50 years ago on 11-22 for the assassination. Another question is would it be desirable if I did half of them as non trackable?

thanks again,

Steve A aka MO Pirate

Colorado Bear

Thanks for all the great comments. I know it will not be much for our European friends but it should be desireable here in the US. August is 70 years ago for the sinking of the PT109 and 50 years ago on 11-22 for the assassination. Another question is would it be desirable if I did half of them as non trackable?

thanks again,

Steve A aka MO Pirate

Maybe for some people, but not for me. I want mine trackable! :)

Colorado Bear

thanks again,

Steve A aka MO Pirate

Maybe for some people, but not for me. I want mine trackable! :)

Trackable [X] !! I'm sure the split option has already been done, but I can see disaster spelled all over this.

For sale: MO Pirate's JFK coin. (yes, I remember seeing it in the coin forum). click >> [buy now]. Received today .... WHAT? not trackable ...??? ... how can that be....

Yes, I know, buyer beware .... but how many questions need to be asked or remembered for every purchase.

Well, my intention was if I did make some non trackable, they would be of a different finish to help people remember the difference.

I tried to remember what the finish was on that memorabilia coin that I bought just 18 months ago. I should remember, after all, it's not like there are more than 3 coins a year to remember ...

Sorry, not meant to be sarcastic in any way ... hope it doesn't come across that way. ... It's just that many of us can't recall what we had for lunch yesterday.

I can only guess that many folks, like myself, seeing a different finish coin that we recalled from the past would just say ... "oh goody... look !! I've found another finish no one else knew about" (until I received the non-trackable.)

An example of that was a recent DNA geocoin purchase I made. I found a version on a Euro site that didn't match anything I had ever seen before. My partner has all of them ... so we thought. I never looked to see if the 'Royal Blood' version was trackable. Never crossed my mind. When it arrived, it was trackable and was a different coloring than all the rest offered by the artist. (lucked out !!)

Please ... not many more thoughts about making coins multi-purpose to save on costs and increase sales. Sure, coining is about making money, no doubt. But not at the expense of making 'versions' too similar. It's either a tracking coin ... or it's not.

35098f23-3040-4f24-b970-bcfda5d3c64c.jpg

OK here is the blueprint for this coin. This blueprint shows the antique bronze version. I am waiting on the Antique Silver version blueprint. However it will give you an idea of it. Not too fancy but it has the necessary ingredients! Colors are just to show differentiation as they are 3D on the face and boat side. Other side is colors as shown. It is 2" geocaoin and is trackable as shown (on edge).

Oh, very nice!

I do wish it said "In Memory" instead of "Assassination" - such a not nice word. Just my humble opinion.

It is not in production so I will see how hard it is to get that changed. Never gave it much thought really. Thanks Steben (Diane) for the idea maybe I might say "remembered" or In Memory might be better.

I will be glad to get it going tho. Seems like it is taking forever. How I am gonna get all of my other coins done befor October???? LOL

later,

Steve Allen aka mo pirate

Oh, very nice!

I do wish it said "In Memory" instead of "Assassination" - such a not nice word. Just my humble opinion.

It is not in production so I will see how hard it is to get that changed. Never gave it much thought really. Thanks Steben (Diane) for the idea maybe I might say "remembered" or In Memory might be better.

I will be glad to get it going tho. Seems like it is taking forever. How I am gonna get all of my other coins done befor October???? LOL

later,

Hope the effort to make the change is doable.

Oh, very nice!

OK, Diane you get your wish. "In Memory" replaced assassination on the coin. I also got back the silver blueprint.

310b9ed8-ddee-4044-bc94-f2acf20d1713.jpg

Oh, wow! That's nice that you took my suggestion! The coins look great and I can't wait to order :wub:

mo pirate;

When do you think these will be available and how would I order them?

Colorado Bear

I just sent in the quantities and order yesterday so it will be 5-6 weeks I am guessing. I will keep you on the list and notify you when they are completed.

thanks,

mo pirate

Finally got these to mint. Only 100 will be done with antique bronze finish. 2" coin 3.5 mm thick. 3D on the one side. trackable

Please post here if you want on the list. $12 + $3 shipping in the US. a second or 3rd coin is half shipping price for combined rate (same bubble mailer).

Got everbody down on the list to this point. I know I will get the 100 antique Bronze. I am still considering antique silver in a small run of 20. This may or may not happen. Thanks to everyone.

If it does 'happen', you can put me down for any/all of the 'happenings' as well (please) ... :anitongue:

Got everbody down on the list to this point. I know I will get the 100 antique Bronze. I am still considering antique silver in a small run of 20. This may or may not happen. Thanks to everyone.

Just my two cents: using a U.S. presidential seal for a personal project seems a bit risky. You might wanna research "Executive Order 11649." Having said that, you could probably still get away with it. Did Groundspeak approve the design?

Edited by JJG10101

Just my two cents: using a U.S. presidential seal for a personal project seems a bit risky. You might wanna research "Executive Order 11649." Having said that, you could probably still get away with it. Did Groundspeak approve the design?

This is likely very accurate. In fact, the Exec Order is just the legal point for exceptions to clarifying authorized use of the Seal. The official point for all other uses can be found at:

Section 713 of title 18 of the U.S. Code prohibits (1) knowing display of the seal of the President in connection with any publication for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or (2) knowing reproduction of any likeness of the seal of the President, except for the official use of the Government or as authorized in Presidential regulations (Executive Order 11649).

Edited by nevadanick

I was told I will have these in hand first of next week/month! So I will post pictures when I get them and contact all on my list. Check back here next week if you want to see the final product before committing to these coins!

THANKS!

FINALLY!

Here they are in actual photos so take a look and let me know how many and if I can invoice you on PayPal. Thanks for waiting. I am sure you can see the change that was made to the emblem side. The Antique Bronze did not take a picture very well but it does look good in hand. Anniversary dates are coming up soon!

4a408f85-7a73-4f22-bd38-ebf34cad4644.jpg

7b09fb7d-46c1-4ea2-850f-c66b095b05de.jpg

Price is $12 with $3 shipping. A second (or more) coin is $1 extra per coin on shipping.

Thanks,

MO Pirate