Buggy Geocasching Map

Workaholic4u

Hi there,

i have huge Problems with the geocaching map! and to be honest: I am totally pissed! I am sick of this...

If i Display a area in the geocaching map, i cannot select a Cache to Display the Details. in the past, this was working, it was Buggy sometimes, whuich means you had to zoom in zoom out a few times, before you were able to select a Cache, but right now, it is not working anymore... not even one time any more...

and this is not a Problem on my Computer, because i tried it on my win 7, win 8 and win xp Computer, and also on ipad! on ipdad it atleast worked i few times, i already update jave to the latest Version on my Windows Computers....

i just renewed my geocaching premium Membership, and now i cannot use the page, bacause it is Buggy! Like i said, i think this is not acceptable anymnore, i ask you geocaching.com to INVESTIGATE These issue, to apply a permanent fix on your page, i am not the only one with this Problem, and this Problem already exist, for months or longer. So start doing something geocaching.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as far as i know, this has been a problem with gc map for a veeeeery long time. as you mentioned, one has to constantly zoom in/out to find a zoomlevel where a cache can be clicked. with some caches it takes a lot of time and effort.

how can it not be easily reproduced by developers is a surprise to me :)

This appears to be a problem for some people and not for others. One reason that makes it very difficult to debug is most people complain but do not provide enough information for anyone to even try debug it. Clearly it is not a problem for everyone since there are not hoards of people posting to this thread. IF it is a problem for you, you need to at least provide information to allow the developers to try and fix it. What operating system are you using,how recently have you updated your operating system, what browser and what version, are you running any browser add ons, what antivirus programs are you running, have you recently cleared your cache and rebooted your computer, have you tried an alternative browser, how fast is your internet connection?

This appears to be a problem for some people and not for others. One reason that makes it very difficult to debug is most people complain but do not provide enough information for anyone to even try debug it. Clearly it is not a problem for everyone since there are not hoards of people posting to this thread. IF it is a problem for you, you need to at least provide information to allow the developers to try and fix it. What operating system are you using,how recently have you updated your operating system, what browser and what version, are you running any browser add ons, what antivirus programs are you running, have you recently cleared your cache and rebooted your computer, have you tried an alternative browser, how fast is your internet connection?

ok... developers of the page.... what Kind of debug informations do you Need? I will provide you with everything you Need. So tell me...

Try this little trick:

Go to the HELP menu in your browser and find Compatibility or Compatibility Mode. Change that setting and see if it helps you. It often does the trick.

hmmm... doesnt work with Internet Explorer... i tried IE 10 comp. mode or in older ie modes

...but...

now the site works with Firefox... few days ago it doenst work with Firefox on this Computer...

on my current Computer i am useing Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit with IE 10.0.9200.16519

Firefox Version 18.2

i installed the following Java Versions on my Computer:

Java 7 Update 16

Java 6 Update 20

Java 7 Update 5

Edited by Workaholic4u

Hi there,

actually, I am not facing the problems as described in this topic; nevertheless, my problem is also related to "buggy GC map".

I am facing the problem, that when I am scrolling the map a bit, it automatically zooms in extremely.

This happens all the time and it is really annoying looking for Caches.

Anyone here who had same problems and managed to solve it?

I am using Windows Vista (but it happended under Ubuntu as well).

My browser is Firefox 20.0

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Radczek69

I am having this problem too. Making it awkward to take a note of caches. Not even able to get pop up details of the cache name to search it using the GC code.

I also noticed yesterday that I couldnt pan the map when using my android phone, from geocaching website not the app. This meant using my phone at the time instead of computer setting out is also not possible.

This is making it rather difficult to go geocaching. Has there been a map update recently that I have missed?

Maybe my settings are wrong?

Please help, highly frustrated this end.

I'm having this problem when trying to view a Pocket Query on the map. Today is the first time this has occurred.

When I go to Play>Hide and Seek a Cache>Search From the Map I can click on a cache and it pops up just fine, but when I generate a Pocket Query and select Map This Location, I can't open any of the caches from the map. A blank, one line bubble pops up and that's it.

Anybody experience this problem?

I'm having the same problems, using the geocaching website on my iPad, running safari, it takes all manner of messing about to get a cache details to pop up, zooming in and out, tapping on a cache many times. Occasionally it works first time, but that's very rare, tonight, it just will not let me press any caches and get any details up.

I've just tried to start logging my first hide, and when I'm in the box to type, every letter I type makes my keyboard disappear, so I have given up on that idea for tonight!

If developers need more info please let me now. I'm on iPad 2 running the most current update of OS and safari (have just checked there are no updates)

Cheers

Steph

As from yesterday I have the same problem that I cannot select the caches through the map. Normally when I hoovered the mouse over a cache , a small pop up with name and such came up but now it doesn't do that anymore. I tried with chrome, firefox and IE but nothing works.

So please can somebody have a look at this. Maybe there was an update that causes this problem?

thanks in advance

Penumbra59