I HOPE this is April Fools joke!

my granddaughter Braelyn Grace age 6 worked on 6 new cashes to get published for spring break. and she received this...

"Post Reviewer Note03/31/2013

As geocaching has reached a level of saturation, TPTB have decided that the number of caches should now remain constant. New cache submissions for placements will now be placed in a queue until an existing cache gets archived. If the next cache in the queue has any guideline issues or questions, that question will be deferred to the cache owner and the next cache will be reviewed. Once the issue is settled, it will return to the queue in the back of the line. Requests for unarchival will also be placed at the end of the queue."

Edited by YaYa&PaPa

April Fools Day, and everyone that participates, is mean spirited. Humor at someone else's expense is CONTRARY to everything Groundspeak pretends to believe in. Groundspeak should be ashamed. If I weren't so addicted to geocaching, I'd drop these knuckleheads like a hot potato. This ain't no joke.

April Fools Day, and everyone that participates, is mean spirited. Humor at someone else's expense is CONTRARY to everything Groundspeak pretends to believe in. Groundspeak should be ashamed. If I weren't so addicted to geocaching, I'd drop these knuckleheads like a hot potato. This ain't no joke.

Why shoud they be ashamed? Do you honestly thnk all of those logs on the "Time Machine" caches will stick? I doubt it.

Lighten-up-francis.jpg

The biggest problem in geocaching is that it is only meant to be a fun, lighthearted hobby, but despite that, there will always be those who will take it much too seriously.

However, if bflentje was really harmed by that cache page, they should definitely sue. Pain, suffering, monetary damages, the whole schmeel.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

The biggest problem in geocaching is that it is only meant to be a fun, lighthearted hobby, but despite that, there will always be those who will take it much too seriously.

However, if bflentje was really harmed by that cache page, they should definitely sue. Pain, suffering, monetary damages, the whole schmeel. :rolleyes:

:blink:

my granddaughter Braelyn Grace age 6 worked on 6 new cashes to get published for spring break. and she received this...

As geocaching has reached a level of saturation, TPTB have decided that the number of caches should now remain constant. New cache submissions for placements will now be placed in a queue until an existing cache gets archived. If the next cache in the queue has any guideline issues or questions, that question will be deferred to the cache owner and the next cache will be reviewed. Once the issue is settled, it will return to the queue in the back of the line. Requests for unarchival will also be placed at the end of the queue."

This is no joke, OK it maybe in South Carolina. But the New Forest in the UK has a limit of 200 caches. So no new caches can be placed without an existing cache being archived. There is also a 10 per CO limit.

Link to GAGB Agreement.

Seriously, I looked up of where you might be living in and you are in an area that I know very well. I used to live over there for 4 years. Anyway, I have a very good idea who the reviewer was and met them last Dec when I was over there. They are really awesome people and yea, they like to joke around a bit.(I can see the grin on the reviewer face) Its a joke I believe.

Lighten-up-francis.jpg

Don't call me Francis. Anyone call me Francis..

In all reality, don't humans treat each other like dirt enough on every other day of the year? Why a day to official sanction it? Perhaps if you're telling me to lighten up, you should do some of your own self reflection.

However, if bflentje was really harmed by that cache page, they should definitely sue. Pain, suffering, monetary damages, the whole schmeel.

See what I mean? Humans are generally nasty to each other on every other day of the week. Why the need for April Fools?

See what I mean? Humans are generally nasty to each other on every other day of the week. Why the need for April Fools?

There is nothing wrong with a good natured jape once in awhile. Claiming to have a new, microscope, cache size is funny, and harms no one.

However, I will agree that sometimes pranks cross the line into just plain meanness. Buut GC didn't cross that line.

The only nastiness on that cache page was your NA log. Unless of course, you were merely going along with the prank with more dry humor. :D

Cool. A reviewer publishes a cache that he owns and then archives it the same day. What happened to the cache permanence guideline? But why shouldn't he. The organization that he volunteers for did the same thing with about 100 caches worldwide. Is this how it's going to be? Guidelines simply get suspended on 4/1? Or, do you have to be a reviewer to play along?

What kind of example does this set for the rest of us. Perhaps I can have a dozen or so caches published for an event and then archive them the same day? You know, what's good for the goose...