Something wrong with Pocket Queries along a Route?

Jessex

I am trying to get ready for our E.T. Highway caching trip. :D

I've run pocket queries for caches along a route but it seems some caches are randomly left out. Is this a common occurrence, a new problem or am I just doing it wrong? I've broken up the route to do in small sections and the problem continues. I've tried it a few times but no PQ contains all the caches, any advice would be appreciated.

Some caches do get left out if there are more than what the limit is for the PQ. Also did you set the distance from road properly?

In a test PQ I set a limit of 200 caches when there were only 50 caches on the route and I set the distance from the road for .25 when I know the caches are right off the road, still there were caches left out.

I've run pocket queries for caches along a route but it seems some caches are randomly left out. Is this a common occurrence, a new problem or am I just doing it wrong? I've broken up the route to do in small sections and the problem continues. I've tried it a few times but no PQ contains all the caches, any advice would be appreciated.

It's a known bug and has been for many years. The best way to get around it is to make several shorter routes.

If you are a GSAK user, there is a macro for getting caches along a route that works very well. It will create the bounding boxes on the map so you can see them and you can actually adjust them as needed.

I just created one for a section of route 66 and it got them all, are you sure you didn't set a filter like traditionals only or some other one when creating the PQ?

Yes, but if you create a route from cache #1 to cache #800, and set it at any distance from the route, you will not get all 800 caches. Several caches towards the middle will be missing. Many people have tested it on RT66 and had the same problem.

I remember a long discussion in the old web site forum where a guy was trying to get all of the caches on Whidbey Island by drawing a route through it and making the proximity large enough to cover the entire island. Even though none of the limits were reached, it simply would not give him all of the caches. He and a lackey and several others went back and forth for several months trying to figure it out before simply giving up.

It's a known bug and has been for many years. The best way to get around it is to make several shorter routes.

If you are a GSAK user, there is a macro for getting caches along a route that works very well. It will create the bounding boxes on the map so you can see them and you can actually adjust them as needed.

Thanks for the information. I have heard GSAK is good but I am not very technical minded, I wonder if I would be able to make good use of it...