Looking for some info on a 1 OakBuck Coin

TC+12

So I recently bought a non-trackable Geocoin from a Geocacher on eBay but it got lost in the mail so he sent a replacement coin which I didn't know what it was going to be until it arrived in the mail. It was a 1 OakBucks Coin that says its Expiration date it DEC 2009. It is 1.25" in diameter and 2mm thick with a Polished Gold Finish and a Royal Purple Enameling in it.

I've pretty much figured out that it is a promotional coin from Oak Coins for money off your next purchase from them, but other than that I know next to nothing about it. I tried looking online and in the forums but that is about the extent of the information I could find out there.

I'm looking to know how much a 1 OakBuck was worth back then before it expired, how many of these were minted, how many are still out there, if there are any other versions, when this particular version wad made, if it is rare or valuable to collectors at all, and basically anything else that I might want to know about it.

Thanks!! :)

TC+12

I have a few in gold and a few in silver. One of the silver coins is marked "Free die side with minimum order of 100 coins" or something like that, instead of the "1 Oakbucks". If you ordered 100 personal coins, the free die side meant you only had to pay for one die, since 2 are needed to make a coin, one for each side.

I had a bunch of those once and paid the postage to give them away to someone who could redeem them at face value from the vendour. I think you and your seller got cheated.... the seller for not insuring the package so your money could be returned in case it was lost in the mail and you for not getting equal value for the coin that was never delivered to you. Sucks from both ends.

I traded quite a lot of those oak bucks with someone, who wanted to use them, as they were used as a voucher.

Recently I went through all my coins and still found some of the bucks in the corners of a box.

I have 1 and 5, but I know, there were also 10.

I have to agree with Droo, if someone replaced a non trackable bought on ebay with an oak buck, I'd feel cheated. Those were out there in spades, as they were given with every order placed at geoswag for at least a year.

As I said, I still have some, but I wouldn't even leave them in a cache as swag, because I don't like to confuse cachers, who never stumbled over them before...

If you paid the vendor by Paypal and it is within 45 days of the purchase, you can file with Paypal for a refund ... 'not receiving what you paid for'.

If it's over 45 days and you used a credit card through paypal you can file for a refund directly with your credit card company. I have no idea what the coin was that you won on ebay but I can't think of one that I would accept an oakbucks coin as a replacement.

Oh wow, I guess I forgot to click the little box to have me notified via email when I got replies to this post so I've been sitting here this whole time thinking there wasn't anyone who knew a thing about these coins! Oops! My bad!! happy.gif

Anyway, I actually kind of like it better. The coin I was going to get was just this little non-trackable micro Geocoin that I won for something like $1.50 since the seller started it off at $0.01 for their starting price. I think the 1 Oak Buck Coin was much nicer than the one I paid for quite honestly, so I was satisfied smile.gif

...but it got lost in the mail...

You are really not a lucky guy, are you?

How often the mail from or for you get lost seems to me like a conspiracy! :laughing:

Do you believe the fairytales you are telling!

By the way, what replacement do YOU send ME for the geocoin i purchase from you and which is allegedly "lost in the mail"??? Or will i get my $50 back from you!!!

By the way, because you didn't answer to my mails, did you find any proof that you really have sent the coin to me?

I'm really curious.