German translation - spelling error

pri0n

A final "s" is a very unusual form of plural in German. However, with words adopted from other languages, it can happen. "Souvenir" is French, and "souvenirs" seems to be the French plural, and the correct German plural. "Souvenire" seems to be an attempt to "Germanicize" it, since a final "e" is a common German plural. (Maybe this is just beginning to be an accepted plural??) However, the OP seems totally correct - "souvenirs" is the German plural recognized in both Duden & in Google Translate, and "Souvenire" is not even mentioned by Duden or recognized by Google Translate.

Has there been any feedback from native German speakers?

I am a native German speaker which is why I use the german translation of the website (from now on you'll feel obliged to read everything I write with the voice of Colonel Klink from "Hogan's Heroes"...), and I can assure you it's wrong. It used to be "Souvenirs" on the gc.com website up to a few weeks ago but with a recent update it was changed to the misspelled "Souvenire".

Here's a screenshot from August 2012 (from when I reported another spelling mistake ;-) ) with the correct spelling:

LSD5U.jpg

Edited by pri0n