Garmin topo maps Spain for caching

We are off to Andalucia in a couple of weeks and there is a relatively new cache series all along the GR7 which is close to where we are staying.Please does anyone know where I can get topo maps just for that part of Spain (La Taha in the Alpujarras? I don't want to pay lots of cash out as that is the only part of Spain we visit regularly.

Hi Chris,

Quote from TalkyToaster "Please note: Uploading the GMAPSUPP.IMG to your Garmin GPSr [or MicroSD card] will overwrite any existing mapset you have installed on the device using the same name."

If you want to keep your old/existing map rename it and set a copy safely aside.

The site quoted above is OK and the maps are really good. Shout if you want any help!

Regards

Bernard

Hi,

I have an Oregon - would I be able to copy the maps to my Oregon itself or would it be better to buy a new micro sd card? i have no doubt I will be calling on you for help, Bernard. :)

I would recommend that you copy the map to a MicroSD card, that way if something goes wrong you only need to remove the card,rather than do a master reset on the Oregon losing all your existing maps and data.

I do offer OS 1:50K Look n Feel maps for Spain on a pre-loaded and tested 4GB MicroSD for a very reasonable price, see my site at http://talkytoaster.co.uk/ for more details.

These are superior to the ones offered on the site mentioned earlier in the thread by ChillyPenguin, as those DO NOT include contours, so are not TOPOGRAPHICAL, the ones I compile and offer are.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Martin

Edited by talkytoaster