WTB: cache planting supplies

Hello all! I'm from central IN and am looking to start placing caches as well as hunt them! I really don't want to spend a bunch off money on new containers and nanos, so I thought I might try throwing out a forum post first. I have aGPS, but do not have anything else. Also, if anyone is from IN is an experienced , and would like to teach this middle aged dog some new tricks, please let me know. I do not know exactly what i'm doing as far as hiding caches, so I really need some coaching.

Thank you in advance,

TimtheEnchanterr

Edited by TimtheEnchanterr

Check out some local events: http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=15 and also the Midwest Geobash (http://midwestgeobash.org/). One of those is a great place to start if you're looking to meet folks to learn some things...some events also give containers as prizes. :)

At the very least, you'll need a waterproof container and a log sheet. You can print out some free ones of those or use a small notebook. Just don't use a "cheap" container, as it will be wet inside within days. I'd recommend a real Lock 'n' Lock ($5) if you have a spot in mind that will be large enough. Gas stations often sell pill fobs that many have found work well for micro hides.

Make sure you read the Cache Listing Requirements and understand what all of the parts mean. If you still have questions after that, feel free to ask (I'd suggest the "How Do I?" section rather than the GPS garage sale, though...

I hate to sound "crude" but if you are not sure about hiding caches then you need to keep looking first. Just remember the caches you liked finding and use that as a guide to hide your own. We really don't need any more "guard rail" caches, those are nice when you are trying to find a 100 in a day but I rather have the ones that take you a couple hours to find.

Edited by rayt333

oh I agree I do not like guardrail caches too much :) I really just want someone to help me with the logistics of actually logging it on the website, not necessarily trying to find a place to hide it. I also forgot to mention earlier... does anyone know where there's a place to buy used nano catches and containers locally in Indiana or on the web?

oh I agree I do not like guardrail caches too much :) I really just want someone to help me with the logistics of actually logging it on the website, not necessarily trying to find a place to hide it. I also forgot to mention earlier... does anyone know where there's a place to buy used nano catches and containers locally in Indiana or on the web?

Nanos are fairly cheap at the geocaching.com website. If you're hard up and determined that you want to hide a nano, PM me your address and I'll send you one, no charge. I dunno why I have a bunch sitting with my caching gear...