Waymarking emails

GT.US

The Waymarking emails, such as your waymark has been visited, or a waymark has been submitted for approval, no longer have a link to the waymark.

When I get a "your waymark has been visited" I often will click through on my phone, just to remind myself which waymark is was. Now I would have to go to Waymarking.com, look at my last viewed waymark, and how the waymark is there. Or copy paste the name from the email into the search string.

I generally don't go to the approvals from the email, but on occasion the link in the email would provide value.

I'm guessing the group vote emails don't have the link, either. With them being time sensitive, I like to click through right off, rather than waiting for the desktop.

I have not received any visit notifications recently, but at least in submission and group vote emails there is a link. It is just not formatted as links usually are, it is the bold red line saying: "View vote details" or "Review the waymark".

The Waymarking emails, such as your waymark has been visited, or a waymark has been submitted for approval, no longer have a link to the waymark.

When I get a "your waymark has been visited" I often will click through on my phone, just to remind myself which waymark is was. Now I would have to go to Waymarking.com, look at my last viewed waymark, and how the waymark is there. Or copy paste the name from the email into the search string.

I generally don't go to the approvals from the email, but on occasion the link in the email would provide value.

I'm guessing the group vote emails don't have the link, either. With them being time sensitive, I like to click through right off, rather than waiting for the desktop.

If you are receive the emails in html format then they all have links to the waymark. On the visit email the Waymark link is labeled "Waymark Details" and the link to the log is labeled "Log Details". On confirmations they also have the link to the waymark labeled "View or edit your new waymark" The links are in a maroon color about in the middle of the email.

Edited by BruceS

If you are receive the emails in html format then they all have links to the waymark. On the visit email the Waymark link is labeled "Waymark Details" and the link to the log is labeled "Log Details". On confirmations they also have the link to the waymark labeled "View or edit your new waymark" The links are in a maroon color about in the middle of the email.

Thanks, for your advice. I did look at an approval email, and saw that I could click through on the maroon. I guess, over the years, I've been trained that a clickable link is underlined? Or says Click me. Of course now on the visit I see instructions to visit the links below, also. It must be a learning curve to look in the right place.

Since a week or perhaps longer no one is getting denial messages/mails. I got some mails Waymarkers contact me with the please to send them the denial message. Plese fix that Groundspeak, it's important to know what to do for the resubmit.

-lumbricus

Seems to be working for me. I just did a test decline on one of my own and got the email within seconds.

Edited by BruceS

It seems not working if the decline comes from a group vote. One of my Waymarks has been declined by the group but I didn't receive the mail. I think this has happened twice to me the last days.

This has been confirmed by some other communications and has been relayed to Groundspeak.

Since a week or perhaps longer no one is getting denial messages/mails. I got some mails Waymarkers contact me with the please to send them the denial message. Plese fix that Groundspeak, it's important to know what to do for the resubmit.

-lumbricus

Yes -- this is happening to us too. We do not get decline emails anymore -- and those are the MOST VALUABLE :)

We hate to bug COs, but we always appreciate reasons for a decline. Some WMs we can fix, some we cannot. Decline emails help us sort which category the refused WM fits into.

Please fix, Groundspeak. Thank you :)!

It seems not working if the decline comes from a group vote. One of my Waymarks has been declined by the group but I didn't receive the mail. I think this has happened twice to me the last days.

This has been confirmed by some other communications and has been relayed to Groundspeak.

This has happened twice more to us -- it is very difficult to fix something if you don't know what is wrong!!!

In addition to my last post: the missing notification mails do also exist if the Waymark passed group vote. Not only if it fails. Please fix this problem! Please! Thanks!

It worked for me, but in last three (or more?) days no emails:

When

1) in my category ends group vote (doesn't matter with which result)

2) my waymark was declined in group vote

3) my waymark passed group vote

what's - how to say it - little bit unusable status... Please GS start to maintain Waymarking website :sad:

In addition to my last post: the missing notification mails do also exist if the Waymark passed group vote. Not only if it fails. Please fix this problem! Please! Thanks!

It worked for me, but in last three (or more?) days no emails:

When

1) in my category ends group vote (doesn't matter with which result)

2) my waymark was declined in group vote

3) my waymark passed group vote

what's - how to say it - little bit unusable status... Please GS start to maintain Waymarking website :sad:

Yes!! Same for us. HELLLPPPPPP!!!

No problems with submission confirmation and approval emails here, and I just got the result of a group vote (maybe yours got stuck in limbo, but that's an old and different story).

Maybe you post too much and your spam filter though it had to do something about it? [:)]

No problems with submission confirmation and approval emails here, and I just got the result of a group vote (maybe yours got stuck in limbo, but that's an old and different story).

Maybe you post too much and your spam filter though it had to do something about it? [:)]

So it looks, you're somehow lucky. I've just checked voting at Arrows, it ended but i didn't get any email. About "stucking problem" - no i'm one of officers there, so that's not the point (same as with spam, which I control regularly).