Why is app for WP free?

It says further down that "It would rate higher if not for the 3 caches / day limit"

Maybe this is the new version of the "free software" - a limit instead if reduced functionality

DD

Hi DD, thanks for the reply,

I think that's if you are a standard member (i'll be renewing my membership when i get home, away with work at the mo and not keen on sending CC details over 3G), also i think this is the same for all API partners.

I'm not complaining about this, i'll be getting a WP soon, just wondered if anyone may know why it's free for WP and you have to pay on other platforms. It is the official app right?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/geocaching-live/33e84192-f9f3-425a-840d-dd2907808b33

Any ideas?

It is the official app, and it is free. If you are a premium member, you have unlimited downloads and saves, if you are not, you only get three. I am not sure why it is free, but I have been using it on my Windows 8, Nokia Lumia 920, and it is far better than the android apps I have used in the past, and head and shoulders above the blackberry apps I switched from!

My only complaint so far with the app is that I am not sure of the accuracy of the compass...seem to be getting more DNF with this...although, it is possible the caches had been muggled or I was simply off...

I have also tried the Geocaching Plus app for WP 8. I do not recommend it over the geocaching live app (just because the official app has more functionality, and I don't have to wait to get home to log my finds), but it is also free...and I think the location accuracy is slightly better than the geocaching live app. Hope this helps!

Overall, I would recommend the geocaching live app over all others I have used thus far!!

Edited by RBFJGeoFam