The list of waymarkers with more than 1000 waymarks posted

ToRo61

I'm trying to do statistics of waymarkers with more than 1000 waymarks posted.

The first version is accessible from my profile here. Yes, there is so far only a few entries. Do you have more than 1000 waymarks posted or do you know such waymarker? Please send me your/his nick. I will expand the table.

I will not plan daily update. It could be once every 14 days.

The fun is to post a waymarks, don't do only statistics about it :-)

The first version is accessible from my profile here. Yes, there is so far only a few entries. Do you have more than 1000 waymarks posted or do you know such waymarker? Please send me your/his nick. I will expand the table.

I don't even care about my own statistics, so I don't know why someone else would want to track them! Once in a while I'll get a surprise email from DougK, congratulating me on a milestone that I didn't even know I had reached. He's good!

I do enjoy seeing the yearly category stats, though. Those are fun.

Good luck with your 1,000 waymark project.

saopaulo1

BruceS

Math Teacher

brwhiz

ChapterhouseInc

silverquill

Marine Biologist

wildwoodke

Metro2

Volcanoguy

Dragontree

Brentorboxer

Peter and Gloria

Lat34North

Master Mariner

Norfolk12

Outspoken1

hamquilter

GT.US

vhasler

DougK

scrambler390

nomadwillie

onfire4jesus

razalas

N!TR0

Ianatlarge

linkys

luzzi1971

Max and 99

Queens Blessing

Lord Abercrombie

Hikenutty

Meirion

Team Farkle 7

manchanegra

NorStar

YoSam.

txoilgas

RakeInTheCache

monkeys4ever

ToRo61

Dorcadion Team

ucdvicky

fi67

Sprinterman

S5280ft

Tante.Hossi

neoc1

deano1943

iconions

bluesnote

vraatja

wildernessmama

HitchinLookers

gparkes

dtrebilc

Chasing Blue Sky

flipflopnick

PTCRAZY

hotshoe

macleod1

adgorn

Dunbar Loop

JAC0B

ggmorton

Sneakin Deacon

Where's George

Rayman

BK-Hunters

REUAHNESIE

debbado

GEO*Trailblazer 1

Vermontish

gladtobehere

QuesterMark

cldisme

teeoff2

8Nuts MotherGoose

Mom the cook & cashnhubby

sfwife

kJfishman

The 2 Newlyweds

Torgut

lumbricus

Odragon

hummerstation

NGComet

Rose Red

thebeav69

bill&ben

Noe1

outdoorboy34

Weathervane

The Blue Quasar

thegorilla23

94RedRover

sherpes

Punga and Paua

:grin:

It's much more fun to tease you on ALL of the Centarians you find in Central Oklahoma! :lol:

The numbers from list corresponds the numbers from yours profiles, statusbars... on the date of the modification of list.

So, I can tell - this is official data. :)

The numbers are selected programmatically from this sources (a small shell script and OCR).

Perhaps there is anything error in the list. :)

Edited by ToRo61

OK, I consider removal link to Adolf Hitler clip in my WM profile.

I understand, you don't understand Czech subtitle and this is really pity.

Subtitle describes some negative things in Czech geocaching community.

Adolf Hitler clip is probably very popular for Czech people - there is a lot a variation of this clip (links removed by moderator)

Don't you have really interest about Czech language lessons? :)

I hope you understand my bad English.

Edited by BruceS
Best not to have these links here... this videos are known to offend some

Question to moderator: Could you explain me, why my link to youtube clips was removed? :rolleyes:

see: My link

Links to Adolf Hitler videos have nothing to do with Waymarking and are considered offensive by many even if they are meant to be humorous. Do not post them again.

Edited by BruceS

My list contains now about 100 waymarkers.

For each waymarker I have to download his statbar and three pages from his profile.

OK, download is batch file, but I will not run such batch every day.

It could be once every 14 days (maybe :) ) .

This is totally cool! I like the dynamic presentation. How about sort by the Waymarker name as well?

In my short experience, updating every other week is a reasonable interval, as the stats slowly grow stale. The daily changes are few, weekly changes can be noticeable.

I appreciate what you've done! Thanks for your effort on this endeavor.

BruceS, lumbricus:

I do not want to argue, I appreciate both of you.

I inserted links to other A. Hitler clips in this thread AFTER THEN lumbricus recommended to me to delete link from my profile. I just only wanted to prove that there are dozens of such clips. The clips have Czech subtitle => they are addressed for Czech people. I only referred to clips with Czech subtitles - probably neither of you understand.

I won't delete link/clip from my profile. Link is listed in the Czech part of my profile. I don't force anyone watch a clip with subtitles, they do not understand. The clip/link from my profile is about negative phenomena in Czech geocaching community.

The clip comes from the official film - there is nothing offensive. There is no negative comment under the link on YouTube. The all this clips are about criticism and satire of negative phenomena in Czech society (corruption, bribery, fraud).

You do not know the nature of Czech, another example of Czech satire is: The Good Soldier Švejk

We are getting there -- up to 850 as of yesterday with 7 more days of spring break to go :)

If you vacation in central OK, then drive 2 hours to spend a few days in TX -- I got some places for you to go :)

I loaded up on about 80 waymark visits on my Texas trip, posted about a dozen others, found 20 caches, and got some great sightseeing in. I even started and finished a 10 mi/25 waymark scavenger hunt. It always cracks me up to be the first one to finish a scavenger hunt after it's been up over a year.

I think a couple of hundred of those visits have been to MY waymarks- you keep filling my inbox! :laughing: :laughing: <_< I'm glad you're enjoying them - keep posting the visits!

How about sort by the Waymarker name as well?

Sorry, I don't understand... :( all columns in list are sortable (apart from index).

Sort by the Waymarker doesn't work for you?

Clicking on the column header causes some kind or re-ordering, but it doesn't appear to be alphabetical on the name shown.

Thank you DougK - you are right.

I tested only on my PC box with IE and Firefox and there is no problem (waymarker column is sorted OK).

But now, I see list on my Android device and I am able reproduced this strange ordering waymarker column. :mad:

I will try to fix it.

Edited by ToRo61

Thank you DougK - you are right.

I tested only on my PC box with IE and Firefox and there is no problem (waymarker column is sorted OK).

But now, I see list on my Android device and I am able reproduced this strange ordering waymarker column. :mad:

I will try to fix it.

I'm using Macintosh and iPad. The list sorts incorrectly by waymarker on both, but in the same wrong way on both. On the Mac, the list sort strangely in the Safari, FireFox, Opera and Chrome web browsers.

Oddly, I just discovered that using the Camino browser, the list does sort correctly on Macintosh. What does that tell you?

DougK:

The problem concerns probably only minor marginal platforms such Apple, Mac, Android and so on... :rolleyes:

Now seriously, I'm not programmer. My list is based on DataTables. I posted question about my problem to DataTables forum, but I don't have any answer.

The problem (bad sorting Waymarker column) is caused by complicated content (URL link) of this column. I have plan to divide this one column (waymarker name+URL profile link) into two columns - first (sortable) column will be simple waymarker name and second column will be (unsortable) column with URL profile link.

So, it will be OK, right?

I'm using Macintosh and iPad. The list sorts incorrectly by waymarker on both, but in the same wrong way on both. On the Mac, the list sort strangely in the Safari, FireFox, Opera and Chrome web browsers.

Oddly, I just discovered that using the Camino browser, the list does sort correctly on Macintosh. What does that tell you?

DougK: Could you please test this beta version of my list?

The waymarkers' name column isn't URL link now. I added a new column 'Profile' instead of that one. This version works on my Android device, so I hope it will work on Mac and iPad too :) .

Edited by ToRo61

DougK: Could you please test this beta version of my list?

The waymarker name column isn't URL link now. I added a new column 'Profile' instead of this. This version works on my Android device, so I hope it will works on Mac and iPad too :) .

The list now sorts correctly on all mentioned browsers on my Mac and on the iPad. Good job!

Another thing to watch out for is waymarkers who change their name. If you can get the current waymarker name from the GUID, rather than hard-coded from your table, you'll pick these changes up. For example, JAC0B recently became JacobBarlow. The old name shows in your table, but the new name shows when you go to his profile.

Another thing to watch out for is waymarkers who change their name. If you can get the current waymarker name from the GUID, rather than hard-coded from your table, you'll pick these changes up. For example, JAC0B recently became JacobBarlow. The old name shows in your table, but the new name shows when you go to his profile.

Hmmm, :unsure: I see, I will have to do some change in my algorithm.

And moreover, an actual values for posted/visited WM I retrieving from statusbars by OCR.

Some numbers (4058) are sometimes bad recognized (405S). Manual correction is needed.

I'm starting to regret that I had published my list :rolleyes: .

fi67: Statistics tab is fine, I will considering it... because... from statbars I have at once two final numbers (posted/visited) .

From Statistics tab I will have download two pages for this <_< and moreover, I will have to parse this pages and to do a sum of some numbers.

But anyway thanks for the advice.

Great job, I like some the features on your stats page. I have been maintaining a stats page for about two years at http://www.lat34north.com/Waymark%20Counts.html. I am currently trying to rewrite this page to add some of the functionality you have, but more importantly, to try and automate the updating of the counts. After doing this for a while, it has gotten to be a drag rather than fun. I am using the rewrite as a learning exercise for another unrelated web site I have been thinking about for a while (playing around with asp.net).

puczmeloun: finally, other Czech in my list :laughing:

I think there're more of us, aren't we? Dorcadion, Noe1, you and me - maybe more? :) It could be great idea to add one more column for country of each waymarker (logically country, where has waymarker most of his/her posted waymarks).