send to my phone?

TxDonna

(FYI - I do have the paid app on my iPhone 4.) So when I'm on my laptop and find a cache that I want to send to my phone, I click on that option, and the next screen says it's sending ... but I never see it on my iPhone. Operator error I'm sure ... but any hints?

- donna

So when I'm on my laptop and find a cache that I want to send to my phone, I click on that option, and the next screen says it's sending ...

That's surprising. Whenever I've clicked on the "Send to my phone" button, it takes me to a page that says you need to do a search from within the app, unless you're using Trimble Outdoors. I'm not sure why it said it was sending something when you clicked that.

Anyway, you can't send a cache to your phone like you can with some handheld GPS units. If you're using one of the official smartphone apps, you need to do a search for the cache from within the app. If it's a specific cache, the easiest way would be to search by the GC code.

This bothers me. I don't WANT to run a pocket query. Sometimes I just want to send a specific cache to my phone on the fly. I'd like to see maybe a text message with a link that will open that cache in the GC app. Seems like such a simple thing to set up and implement (keyword being "seems", since I'm not sure what's involved).

This bothers me. I don't WANT to run a pocket query. Sometimes I just want to send a specific cache to my phone on the fly. I'd like to see maybe a text message with a link that will open that cache in the GC app. Seems like such a simple thing to set up and implement (keyword being "seems", since I'm not sure what's involved).

Why is it such a necessity to be able to send a cache to your phone "on the fly"? If you're on the fly, just search for the cache with the app and save it to a saved list. No computer involved.