Maps no longer work on Firefox

chaosmanor

I am using W7, Home Premium, with Service Pack 1. I am using Firefox 19.0.2, which is the current version; this is my preferred browser.

Yesterday, before the maintenance took place, I had no problems with the geocaching site while using Firefox. This morning, after booting up, none of the maps work on Firefox, nor am I able to correct coordinates on Mystery and other caches which allow it. AFAIK, I have done no changes to Firefox, although I did upgrade an audio driver last night. I have had no problems on other sites this morning. This includes mapping functions, such as Google Maps. I also am able to view maps on Internet Explorer and Safari, although I did not do an exhaustive test.

Three questions:

#1 - is there a chance that upgrading drivers can cause a browser to stop supporting certain website functions, or vice-versa? If so, how do I go about trying to find where the problem is?

#2 - has anyone else reported (or merely had, without reporting) problems with Firefox after last night's maintenance?

Thank you for any help/suggestions anyone might have

Edited by chaosmanor

Three times today.

I'm using Firefox 19.0.2

Windows 7 Home Premium

Haven't had any problems and maps work fine.

Have you rebooted your computer lately?

I'll try it again, and I'll clean my cache again, if only because one never knows. It just is amazing to me how easy it can be for something that worked fine a few hours ago can stop working for no obvious reason. And it is highly suspicious when mapping works everywhere but at one particular website. ~*sigh*~ this is how Luddites are born :sad:

Well, that did it. Not sure *why* it worked, but I guess we don't need to know :yikes: One thing that I did this time which I had not done earlier when I cleared my cache is I also cleared my browser history. I don't see how that could have been the issue, but maybe in combination with other things...

If the maps weren't working for you *and* you were unable to correct coordinates on caches, it sounds like something was disabling/blocking JavaScript functionality in the browser.

Or, you had a corrupted copy of the script stuck in your browser cacher. Usually a hard page refresh, CTRL+F5 in Firefox will resolve the issue. Over the years, I have had to do this on several occasions after the website goes offline and gets updated.