save geocaches to BaseCamp to then put on gps?

Nixiee

HI,

I got a Oregon 450 the other day with all the maps. I have figured out how to put individual caches on... just press send to gps or the little icon. But how do I send a hole pocket pocket querey? I have tried to select all then press download waypoints. it then makes a folder on my pc then I tried to right click and open it on BaseCamp but I just keeps re-installing BaseCamp and not adding them?

BaseCamps opes and shows my caches I sent individually but cant do a hole pocket quesry??

A advice??

Thank you

With an Oregon, the most direct way load PQs is to download the PQ to your computer. Plug the Oregon into the computer using a USB cable, it should mount as an external drive. The PQ should come as a zip file, unzip it to find two .GPX files. Copy/Paste the two GPX files to the /Garmin/GPX folder on the Oregon. And you're done.

Here's some more reading on the Oregon, and hope this helps.

edit:add link

Edited by JBnW

All good advice, especially to read the reference material. Remember that "Creating" a PQ is actually a two or three part operation.

1. Create the actual PQ selecting the options or criteria that you want in the results.

2. (optional) Preview the PQ to see if the results are as expected.

3. Select a day for the PQ to actually "run". It can be today or in the future, but until you take this last step, the big GPX file with all of the caches in it does not get created.