How do I input gps coordinates into my iphone5?

-Varion-

I have the geocaching app ($10 one) and it leads me to a spot. Sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it's off. Well, I'm wondering what to do in a multi-cache situation. For instance, if I find the first cache and then it tells me to input new coordinates into my gps (Iphone5) and then find the next part/other cache.

I'm kinda new to this whole thing and coordinates/how to read them/put them in/use a compass, I'm special I know. :P

Thank you all for any help.

Don't feel bad, this question gets asked all the time.....it's not real obvious.😊

If you are using the latest version of the app, while you are actively navigating to a cache, in the map screen view, there's a button in the upper right hand corner, the one with three little dots on it. Tap that and you will go to a screen to input new coordinates.

If you are using an older version, the button has a little flag on and it's next to the Compass button.

Enter the new coordinates and give it a name if you want to. When you save it, it will drop a flag at those coordinates on the map. Go back to the map screen, tap that flag, and select "Set As Target" and off you go.

It's really easier than I make it sound 😎

Don't feel bad, this question gets asked all the time.....it's not real obvious.😊

If you are using the latest version of the app, while you are actively navigating to a cache, in the map screen view, there's a button in the upper right hand corner, the one with three little dots on it. Tap that and you will go to a screen to input new coordinates.

If you are using an older version, the button has a little flag on and it's next to the Compass button.

Enter the new coordinates and give it a name if you want to. When you save it, it will drop a flag at those coordinates on the map. Go back to the map screen, tap that flag, and select "Set As Target" and off you go.

It's really easier than I make it sound 😎

You rock, thank you very much.

Am I right in thinking, that it isn't possible to enter coords on the Android app for geocaching?

No, there is a way. I don't have an Android device, though, so you'll have to wait for someone else to come along or do a search. I'm sure this question has been answered umpteen times in the forums.

I'm sure this question has been answered umpteen times in the forums.

I just did a search on Google for the answer. Through this, I found the previous thread on the forum, which seems to reinforce that there is no way to enter coords on the android app.

As I said, there is a way. I just did a search for "android coordinates" in this forum and found this in one of the first few results:

From the cache you have selected, click "Navigate to", and select Compass.

Press Menu, select "Destination".

Click "Add Waypoint" and edit the fields.

From the following "Select destination" menu, select the waypoint you created.

Follow the compass.