Remove trackable listing completely

LyndaM98

Can I do that? I accidentally had the number showing in a photo and now I'm getting nothing but "virtual discoveries". Folks seem sincere enough, but it's kind of pointless. My fault, I know. I would never log a trackable I hadn't actually had in my hand and moved on. Also, I had my very first trackable go missing after the FIRST person found it. It went exactly 0 miles. That was a year ago. Thing is, this person seems to be a very diligent and active cacher. No response to my 2 queries. If it's lost, it's lost. Say so and move on! Heck, my son and I accidentally dropped a geocoin in the long grass and after searching for ages, we borrowed a metal detector and went back to FIND it. And we did. We put it in one of our own caches and I think it's now missing as well. I know it's the chance you take when you release a trackable, but it's very...disheartening. We have vowed from now on not to TAKE trackables unless we can move it within days.

I think those at Groundspeak can remove a listing, but I don't think you need to go that far. Just remove or edit the offending photo, and delete the clearly bogus logs.

Thanks, I've removed the virtual logs, removed the number on the photo and will hope for the best! Thanks

Learned a tough, but good lesson about showing numbers.

By now, I wouldn't be surprised if you googled your trackable on images, it'd turn up there too.

I often tell people if you want folks to learn, log 'em. The flood of emails get their attention.

Thanks! I think! :lol: Thing is I KNOW about the numbers! I just picked the best picture of the THING without paying attention to what else was showing. I initiated it, and we left to do some caching so I could drop the bug and only noticed after I went to log it into the cache. I hope it will move on soon.

Lynda