Beware ammo can poachers!

continental drifter

Maybe stating that containers are ammo cans on the cache page is the lure?

- If you're not experiencing any others with plastic, that might be the problem.

Not having to hoof it only to find a LNL, the person has all he needs to know to save time on the cache page.

Checked with COs in your area?

Do they say they're using ammo cans on their cache pages?

1.Don't use ammo can in description on page.

2. Engrave with one of those electronic engravers from Radio Shack identifyer inside top cover

3. Tie them down with a rope or chain.

4. Make ammon can caches member only

5. Don't stick them in urban areas, put them out in the woods.

I have had several go away. A couple were in an area heavily used by ATVers, who I understand like to use them on their racks for gear.

So if ATV use is apparent in area go plastic.

People who want to grab an ammo can go for low fruit, so stick them out in the woods. Same idea making them members only, guy who is looking to grab ammo can is not likely to pay 30 bucks for the privilege or expend much energy walking out to grab it and walking back. Tie it down, I had a couple go down river I am convinced in hindsight due to flooding, so any that I placed in a flood area I would rope to a tree .

It got to the point that it just became easier to go lok n lok

I also kind of got to the point where I thought that some of them just remain in the field too long and that inventory should be rotated, so some I picked up.