Needs Maintenance attribute

Photom

<FEATURE> When the CO posts a log for owner maintenance,the system:

1) Automatically clears the "Needs Maintenance" attribute (if set) or

2) Has a check box that asks if the attribute should be cleared.

Not sure what you are asking but logging a Owner Maintenance log clears the NM flag if set.

<FEATURE> When the CO posts a log for owner maintenance,the system:

1) Automatically clears the "Needs Maintenance" attribute (if set)

That's how the system works now.

A lot of cache owners post an "enabled" log, not realizing that it doesn't clear the NM attribute.

Or a lot of them simply don't know that they can post an "owner maintenance" log to remove the NM attribute.

B.

#1 already happens.

Another way to remove the NM flag is to manually edit the attributes.

I like to say number two also happens. It happens a lot... :laughing:

I could see it if it was a new user that uses "enable cache" instead of OM. But the CO has been geocaching for just over 8 years, I'm kinda surprised.

#1 already happens.

I could see it if it was a new user that uses "enable cache" instead of OM. But the CO has been geocaching for just over 8 years, I'm kinda surprised.

Ha!! All I can say is the last time I tried it, it did NOT clear the NM attribute. Maybe that cache had 2 logged NM logs or something, or I did it before the feature was implemented. I'll have to test it now,so I can remove my red face!~!

Maybe that cache had 2 logged NM logs or something, or I did it before the feature was implemented.

That's the way it has worked since I started in 2009, so unless you haven't logged an OM in the last 4+ years, something else must have been going on. I can't think of what that might be, though.

I've seen a few cases where a CO has logged Owner Maintenance with text that just says something like "Getting some new containers delivered, should be back in a week". It's as if they just wanted to shift the NM attribute before they'd done anything about the fact their cache had gone missing.

#1 already happens.

Ha!! All I can say is the last time I tried it, it did NOT clear the NM attribute. Maybe that cache had 2 logged NM logs or something, or I did it before the feature was implemented. I'll have to test it now,so I can remove my red face!~!

That's weird. It always works for me. :huh: