ETREX 10 HELP

PLEASE. IF I OPEN IT I CAN ACCESS THE FILE AND SEE ALL THE CACHES ETC LISTED BUT WHEN IT TRY TO OPEN THEM MY PC SAYS IT CAN'T THE PROGRAM DOES NOT EXIST ASKS ME TO LOOK' FOR ONE USING THE WEB AND CANT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK AT THE FILES LIKE IT WAS A CAMERA OR SIMILAR

Edited by Geolab&Co

So Caps Lock was down, I think we can live with that ;).

Now to be helpful, I suspect that the files that you are trying to open either end with .loc or more likely .gpx. To view these files on your PC you will need some additional software such as the excellent and very popular Geocaching Swiss Army Knife(GSAK). This is quite a complex but very powerful tool for managing your Power Queries, you will find many discussions on its use on the forums and elsewhere.

One thing that does puzzle me though is why you should want to view these file on your PC as the information that they contain can be seen on GC.com.

Note: You camera files probably end with .jpg and there will be programs installed as standard on your computer that can read these.

Edited by Mad H@ter

sorry didn't mean to shout caps lock was on

I am trying to work out PQ's and was looking at the GPS trying to work out what was what. It's all a bit to techy for me.

It is asking me for a program and I thought maybe it didn't load or something when you plug the GPS in. will look at the garmin link thanks