How do you watch a user?

floridabiker1

Sure you can, but you won't get alerts. Groundspeak provides a nice handy list to see where a cacher has been or currently is if they log their finds via their cell phone app. Go to their public profile page, click the Geocaches tab, then click the All Geocache Finds link.

This is bad enough for me, if GS offered alerts I'd quit logging my finds.

Sure you can, but you won't get alerts. Groundspeak provides a nice handy list to see where a cacher has been or currently is if they log their finds via their cell phone app. Go to their public profile page, click the Geocaches tab, then click the All Geocache Finds link.

This wouldn't show logs like DNFs or notes, which "watching" usually does. I'm guessing the OP was wanting to see all logs from a user.

This is bad enough for me, if GS offered alerts I'd quit logging my finds.

It personally wouldn't bother me, but I'm sure there are many others like you that wouldn't appreciate having this function available. I don't see it ever happening.

1. When in the forums you can set your status so that your username isn't displayed; it just shows that an anonymous person is browsing in a particular forum section.

2. On the Geocaching.com website you can log your finds with notes, or not log online at all, or delay your logging of "found it" logs. It's "found it" logs that provide a trail of where you've been finding geocaches, which anyone can see when looking at your profile page.

3. You can choose whether to hide your statistics from public view on Geocaching.com, and you can write to the webmasters of Cacherstats.com and Project-GC.com (an API partner) to hide them from view on those sites as well.

Is there a way to block someone from seeing you?

Camouflage? :laughing:

Honestly, if you want privacy don't tell people where you have been- in this case don't make any logs. Depending on the reason why you don't want them to see you there are other options, but those won't be used unless it's like a full blown stalker, and even then there are ways around it.