TESSELLATION TURTLE : PROJECT TEAM TRADEABLE

Hum...Whereisit?

We are working on a New TESSELLATION TRACKABLE : Project Team Turtle to come out in time for GWS XI. It will have 7 Different Versions of the coin, and we are doing a smaller Tradeable version to have as part of the set. The smaller version will not be trackable however. One of the 7 Versions will be an Exclusive Version for those who participate in the Group Trade Event. We will be offering one complete set at Geowoodstock and one version at the midnight madness event that night.

Anyone wanting information how to get an exclusive participants edition of this coin, please contact me.

Edited by Hum...Whereisit?

Announcing the second version of The Tessellation Trackable: Project Turtle Geocoin. This coin will have 7 Versions.

The First Version will be the Exclusive Group Participation Version.

This coin will be limited to those who participate in the 1" Tradeable Version available through Geoswag.

The Second Version will be the Facebook Version. Currently Oakcoins and Geoswag are having a coloring contest on Facebook to Color the Facebook Version of the Coin. Hense the name.

For those of you who are counting: There are currently 13 versions of the personal version ordered.

The Third version of the Tessellation coin will be the Midnight Madness Version of the Coin. This coin will be available at the Midnight Madness Geocoin Trading Event Saturday Night (Location to be determined.)

The Fourth version will be the GeoWoodstock Version.

I will try to get some artwork images and photo's up here shortly. Check back next week to see what the next version to be announced is.

For those of you keeping track, we have 22 Versions of the Personal 1 inch Project Team Tradeable version so far. Get with your friends as the days are counting down.

The Third version of the Tessellation coin will be the Midnight Madness Version of the Coin. This coin will be available at the Midnight Madness Geocoin Trading Event Saturday Night (Location to be determined.)

The Fourth version will be the GeoWoodstock Version.

I will try to get some artwork images and photo's up here shortly. Check back next week to see what the next version to be announced is.

For those of you keeping track, we have 22 Versions of the Personal 1 inch Project Team Tradeable version so far. Get with your friends as the days are counting down.

Any update? It's been a month and a half ... ???

I got mine in the mail last week. They are very cool. Any chance we can get a list of the different versions of the personal project team tradeables? I'd like to know if there are any versions that weren't in the trade group that I now need to track down!

We were not in the trade ....

Tesselation Tradeable - Team TurtleProject

Color Selection: Front

Regular PMS Color

Color Choice for Front

PMS 527

Color Selection: Back

Regular PMS Color

Color Choice for Back

PMS 246

Finish

Gold

Personalized Name

NN/BB

--------

the NN/BB is derived from our caching nick's ... nevadanick (NN) and bukibear (BB)

Will post a pic tomorrow, but the colors are both shades of lavender.

edit to post pics

6130c99e-674c-46e7-aa5e-120c228ada92.jpg

---------------------------

Edited by nevadanick

I got mine in the mail last week. They are very cool. Any chance we can get a list of the different versions of the personal project team tradeables? I'd like to know if there are any versions that weren't in the trade group that I now need to track down!

We were not in the trade ....

Tesselation Tradeable - Team TurtleProject

Color Selection: Front

Regular PMS Color

Color Choice for Front

PMS 527

Color Selection: Back

Regular PMS Color

Color Choice for Back

PMS 246

Finish

Gold

Personalized Name

NN/BB

--------

the NN/BB is derived from our caching nick's ... nevadanick (NN) and bukibear (BB)

Will post a pic tomorrow, but the colors are both shades of lavender.

edit to post pics

6130c99e-674c-46e7-aa5e-120c228ada92.jpg

---------------------------

so are you wanting to trade NevadaNick?

Actually just responding to Spookies' post about tracking down non-trader versions.

We just basically planned on using ours for local SWAG here. We really have no need for other puzzle versions but willing to help those who need 'all' versions ... LOL.

Edited by nevadanick

The 2 Inch coins will be available on Geoswag.com today. It's been a crazy month and I should had updated this a few weeks backs.

1. EXCLUSIVE PARTICIPATION COIN (38) Minted 36 Participants 2 Complete sets Raffled at Geowoodstock XI

2. XLE Edition - (75) This is a Hybrid of the Geoswag Version and the Participation Version.

3. Geoswag Version -

4. Oakcoins Version -

5. Geowoodstock Version - (150)

6. Midnight Madness GWS XI GLOW - (150)

7. Facebook (100) - These colors were picked by our Facebook followers.

I will post the Group project in a few.

Edited by Hum...Whereisit?

There were 36 who participated in the trade: BOLD were not in the trade.

Hum...Whereisit?

Geoswag

Oakcoins

hjnielsen

NN/BB

Azure Sky

B&O Railroad

BakerGeckos

ElliPirelli

jrcbec

the Seagnoid

relvgirl

Turtle Trax

"MO PIRATE"

JohnnyLightning

Toojin

~Dfly57~

OneKindWord

Team LegGoes

kaiwarrior

EDISTO PATTO

bubba42e

Gusiqlady

TEAM BARN OWLS

6LittleSpookies

NorseRoseMaiden

chaosmanor

SS&G oIIIIIIIo

StealthRT & DSD

StealthRT

karstexplorer

Glossamer

Zorton

Marlinspikette

GeoMate2

SpaceCoastStore

I got mine in the mail finally. (We are in Okinawa, Japan) They are great!

What is everyones favorite?

Mine is MO PIRATE and JohnnyLightning..

Gee thanks for the compliment! Wish I could see mine! They are stuck in Kansas. Maybe ToTo can bring them to me when hes not in KS anymore! LOL

Actually just responding to Spookies' post about tracking down non-trader versions.

We just basically planned on using ours for local SWAG here. We really have no need for other puzzle versions but willing to help those who need 'all' versions ... LOL.

Well, save me one and I will trade. I still have not seen mine yet as a friend picked them up for me so the are several hundred miles closer but still not close enough to go get immediately. I think that would get me to 2 left to get and yours would be one of them!

let me know please!

MO Pirate

I am a complete set kind of person and so would really like to get turtles from:

karstexplorer

Glossamer

Zorton

Marlinspikette

GeoMate2

I would love to trade!! Contact me through my profile?

(and yes I sent e-mails to all, just trying to touch all bases)

Edited by Toojin

I am a complete set kind of person and so would really like to get turtles from:

karstexplorer

Glossamer

Zorton

Marlinspikette

GeoMate2

I sent emails to them all as well. I haven't heard from the Zorton and Marlinspikette family, or StealthRT (although I have another avenue of approach to him thanks to MO pirate).

I did get a reply from karstexplorer and he said: "I did not obtain any turtles so I have nothing to trade or sell. Thanks for the inquiry. karstexplorer"

So it seems the Identity of whoever did the karstexplorer turtles is a mystery. Anybody know for certain?

My turtles are caught in customs. I have to bail them out...

I'm quite surprised, that someone would participate in a group project and won't jump at the chance to get the trading done before delivery. This safes just sooo much on postage, it's unbelievable.

I hope, those who didn't use the group trade will trade for the missing turtles though...

Mine are caught up @ Belgian customs too ... am curious how my own version looks like :laughing: anyone can post a Johnny Lightning picture please :ph34r:

Would also like to trade with those who didn't participate in the pre-trade ...

The white on black nickel looks very good. I think light colors on BN were underused. I'll see if I can get a photo up tonight.

My turtles are caught in customs. I have to bail them out...

I'm quite surprised, that someone would participate in a group project and won't jump at the chance to get the trading done before delivery. This safes just sooo much on postage, it's unbelievable.

I hope, those who didn't use the group trade will trade for the missing turtles though...

For some of us the explanation is simple. It was a chance to get a unique 'signature' item to use in caches for a while at a reasonable cost. We didn't want to collect everyone else's turtle, so participating in a 'pre-trade' was pointless (for us).

International shipping/mail costs seem prohibitive for trading when we don't want any in return.

Anyone have a better idea ??? Open to suggestions ... :unsure:

Mine are caught up @ Belgian customs too ... am curious how my own version looks like :laughing: anyone can post a Johnny Lightning picture please :ph34r:

Would also like to trade with those who didn't participate in the pre-trade ...

Here you go!

IMGP0419_zpsd1a62dbf.jpg

IMGP0420_zpsd7424089.jpg

Thank You for the picture! Now I know how it looks B) looking goooood :anicute: ... hope my package gets released quickly ...

If it would help. We can facilitate the trade/exchange on the others. If coins are sent here, then we can send one shipment internationally in stead of several. Just a thought. It is nice to have signature items to place in caches or trade along the way. Please let me know if I can help or if there are any questions. We got a lot of positive feed back on the coins at geowoodstock.

I received your turtle yesterday! So nice of you to send me one. I made a note that I owe you so hope to see you at geocoinfest! I will try to post a pic of what I received in the mailbox thread! I have been busy trying to get our 6th annual Jesse James Cache Bash ready. It is Sept 20-22 this year.

thanks again,

mo pirate

karstexplorer

Glossamer

Zorton

Marlinspikette

GeoMate2

I sent emails to them all as well. I haven't heard from the Zorton and Marlinspikette family, or StealthRT (although I have another avenue of approach to him thanks to MO pirate).

I did get a reply from karstexplorer and he said: "I did not obtain any turtles so I have nothing to trade or sell. Thanks for the inquiry. karstexplorer"

So it seems the Identity of whoever did the karstexplorer turtles is a mystery. Anybody know for certain?

I was out of town for a month and just found this thread, if someone already has contact info could you please share it with me.

send to Old Man 124 or gtadams47@yahoo.com

I am handling coins for Turtle Trax

The little turtles were so cute that I had to put them together as a puzzle :)

I have still not seen mine. Still stuck in KS... So I am going to go to the KC MAster Event this saturday 7-13 (since it is on the KS side of KC) and hope to get mine from Nicooole and trade with Stealth for his out of the exchange turtle. Maybe I can pick up one for Steve (Spookies) too!

At least it will be nice to see mine!!! LOL! Anyone out of the pre-trade who wants to trade me I would like that!

thanks,

MO Pirate

I finally got my turtles at the KC MASTER event last weekend 7/13 so now I know what they look like. I still need to get the turtles not in the trade from

karstexplorer

Glossamer

Zorton

Marlinspikette

GeoMate2

Thanks to Stealth RT, Dfly57(pending), and Nevada Nick for helping me get the entire set!

thanks,

MO Pirate

Well, at the moment it seems my turtles are on a journey round the globe.

Up till now I thought, only the traveling coins out in the caches can go on adventures and go missing.

But my parcel with the turtles is lost somewhere.

It got as far as customs. I've sent the bill for the customs calculation and they promised to send the coins on. But here they didn't turn up. After two weeks I called customs, they said, it could well take up to three weeks. Great. No number to follow the path...

I waited. I waited some more.

I got impatient and called again customs. This time I got a number to follow up the whereabouts of my parcel. Apparently my inept delivery driver dropped it at the post office, but didn't leave a message in my mailbox.

Now officially my turtles are at the post office, but they only keep parcels for one week.

So is my package sent back to the US? Or where is it?

I don't know. And also noone at DHL seems to know.

I just pray, they're not really lost and will reappear eventually.

I daren't ask for trades of those versions left out of the trade, but in case my turtles turn up again, I'd be interested to get the full set.

Here are the pictures we have all been waiting for. Wish I had them all but I am still missing 5 or 6. Bottom photo is my entire turtle collection of this design (including the larger trackables).4dc1f3bf-fd95-4d32-9382-e2ddc4fb7e6e.jpg437926f2-6658-4767-81ad-6ee9c48ebb7a.jpgbee97f0e-a4a0-4039-823e-c63df0136c00.jpg

Remember when you flip the puzzle over the top and bottom are the same turtle BUT the left to rights are reversed. so the right side front is the left side of the puzzle back of turtle.

Here are the pictures we have all been waiting for. Wish I had them all but I am still missing 5 or 6. Bottom photo is my entire turtle collection of this design (including the larger trackables).4dc1f3bf-fd95-4d32-9382-e2ddc4fb7e6e.jpg437926f2-6658-4767-81ad-6ee9c48ebb7a.jpgbee97f0e-a4a0-4039-823e-c63df0136c00.jpg

Remember when you flip the puzzle over the top and bottom are the same turtle BUT the left to rights are reversed. so the right side front is the left side of the puzzle back of turtle.

Thanks for the picture.

We should have had a chat beforehand, most of us seem to favour the blueish hues.... :laughing:

Thanks for the picture.

We should have had a chat beforehand, most of us seem to favour the blueish hues.... :laughing:

No I think you are getting purples and greens in with blues. But yes it would have been nice to made some more "different" ones. Did you ever recover yours from oblivion (the black hole) yet?

Did you ever recover yours from oblivion (the black hole) yet?

Unfortunately no.

DHL wrote me just today, that only the sender can ask for an inquiry.

From Oakcoins/Geoswag I got no answer, in my experience they sent coins relyable but not quickly. And are really slow on communications, luckily I rarely need to contact them.

At the moment I wish I'd get an answer... :sad:

Unfortunately no.

From Oakcoins/Geoswag I got no answer, in my experience they sent coins relyable but not quickly. And are really slow on communications, luckily I rarely need to contact them.

Talk to Michael about it. He is Hmm Where is it at? on these forums.

Unfortunately no.

Talk to Michael about it. He is Hmm Where is it at? on these forums.

I saw him at the Berkshire Geobash in MA ...He is probably on his way back!

Thanks for the picture.

So Mo Pirate, how did you manage to get all 7 of the 2 inch coins?

I'm still missing:

2. XLE Edition - (75) This is a Hybrid of the Geoswag Version and the Participation Version.

Was this only available at an event?

I'm still missing:

2 (coins). the XLE Edition - (75) This is a Hybrid of the Geoswag Version and the Participation Version.

The XLE was only available as part of the 'set' available from Geoswag. If I recall, you had to buy all of the set in order to get the XLE. It was never offered at any event, and was not sold individually.

The 'Participation' coin was only available to those who had the tradeable little turtles made for themselves as part of the 'trade group'. There were less than 40 of those ever made, so the maximum number of 7 coin sets is approximately 40. Getting the 6th coin will be tough ... :blink: ... getting the final 7th piece will be ...... :o

I'm still missing:

2 (coins). the XLE Edition - (75) This is a Hybrid of the Geoswag Version and the Participation Version.

The XLE was only available as part of the 'set' available from Geoswag. If I recall, you had to buy all of the set in order to get the XLE. It was never offered at any event, and was not sold individually.

The 'Participation' coin was only available to those who had the tradeable little turtles made for themselves as part of the 'trade group'. There were less than 40 of those ever made, so the maximum number of 7 coin sets is approximately 40. Getting the 6th coin will be tough ... :blink: ... getting the final 7th piece will be ...... :o

Yes, that is right (I think).

I am still missing 5 or 6 of the little guys from folks who did not participate in the pre-trade.

I'm still missing:

I have a trade in progress for 5 of the little turtles but will still be missing:

NN/BB

StealthRT

And will still need one of the 2inch coins:

Maybe NavadaNick will feel sorry for me and offer a trade :rolleyes:

I'm still missing:

I have a trade in progress for 5 of the little turtles but will still be missing:

NN/BB

StealthRT

And will still need one of the 2inch coins:

Maybe NavadaNick will feel sorry for me and offer a trade :rolleyes:

I already feel sorry for you. :huh:

My SO and geo-partner, Bukibear, is the geocoin addict and current OWNER and HOLDER of the Participation Version.

I'd have better luck convincing her to wash and 'Turtle Wax' (pun intended) the cachemobile than you would of surviving a 'trade' request ... :o