Contacting other members

Daddypants

I'm relatively new to Geocaching. When someone logs a DNF on a cache I have hidden, and asks for another hint, how do I reply to them? I get an email, but can I just reply to that, or do I have to go into the website, find them, then send a message?

Thanks,

Daddypants

I'm relatively new to Geocaching. When someone logs a DNF on a cache I have hidden, and asks for another hint, how do I reply to them? I get an email, but can I just reply to that, or do I have to go into the website, find them, then send a message?

Thanks,

Daddypants

If they included their email address, then you can reply to them as usual.

If they didn't include their email address, then click on their username on your cache page and contact them that way. Include your email address if you want them to reply.

B.

You should NOT use the reply button. If you do, that "reply" goes to "Geocaching" <noreply@geocaching.com> -- in other words, nobody.

Always use the link supplied on their profile page. Sometimes their email address is supplied in that email (some do not select that option). If it is supplied, you may use that.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Thanks,

Daddypants

I have a somewhat different thought on the subject. If someone asks for a hint and doesn't bother to make it easy for me to reply, I won't bother to reply. All they have to do is check a box, for pete's sake. And if their reason is that they don't want me to see their email address, well then I don't want to correspond with them.

Thanks,

Daddypants

I have a somewhat different thought on the subject. If someone asks for a hint and doesn't bother to make it easy for me to reply, I won't bother to reply. All they have to do is check a box, for pete's sake. And if their reason is that they don't want me to see their email address, well then I don't want to correspond with them.

Since the send my email address is the default - they actually have to click to NOT send it!!

Since the send my email address is the default - they actually have to click to NOT send it!!

Which means the following answer doesn't apply:

You should NOT use the reply button. If you do, that "reply" goes to "Geocaching" <noreply@geocaching.com> -- in other words, nobody.

Always use the link supplied on their profile page. Sometimes their email address is supplied in that email (some do not select that option). If it is supplied, you may use that.