Montana 650 : Batch "Show Track on Map"

Hello All;

You have been very helpful in the past, I hope to pick your brain once more with success.

I have loaded up a few Oregon, Colorado and Montana units with typical tracks and maps for my area over the past few days and each time I have had to go through the painstakingly slow process of selecting each track and toggling the "Show/Hide on map" status bar to "Show". When the tracks are transferred initially from the PC to the GPSr, the default value is always "Hide".

Is there a way to change this in MapSource or BaseCamp prior to transfer? Is there a way to batch "show all tracks" on the GPSr?

Thanks!

Seems like someone asks this question at least once a week.

The short answer is no, you have to manually set each track to show on map.

My apologies, I did perform a search and no direct answer could be seen, thanks for the response. Perhaps they will build that feature into future GPSr's or data manipulation programs such as MapSource or BaseCamp.

Seems like someone asks this question at least once a week.

The short answer is no, you have to manually set each track to show on map.

My apologies, I did perform a search and no direct answer could be seen, thanks for the response. Perhaps they will build that feature into future GPSr's or data manipulation programs such as MapSource or BaseCamp.

No apology necessary. Just seems this is a popular question as of late.

The reason it can not be done is because each GPS has a unique limit to the number of tracks it can actively index and display on the map screen. If the user loads more tracks into the device than can be indexed, how is the device to determine which tracks to 'show on map' and which to ignore?

Ultimately, these decisions must be left to the user, and manually adjusted.

Why couldn't Garmin make "Show on Map" the "Default" instead of being "hidden" as now?

Uh.....

The reason it can not be done is because each GPS has a unique limit to the number of tracks it can actively index and display on the map screen. If the user loads more tracks into the device than can be indexed, how is the device to determine which tracks to 'show on map' and which to ignore?

No apology necessary. Just seems this is a popular question as of late.

Fair enough, I hadn't considered that variable. Easy when you're talking a 276C with a 15 track limit (which is the mode my head gets stuck in many times) but much more complex when considering a unit like the Montana/Oregon/Colorado that can hold dozens.