Garmin Oregon 300

Hello community!

So I am going hiking in Arizona so I downloaded the Arizona Topo map from here:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/1

I figured, while I'm at it, I'll download the Nevada Topo from the same source. Well, when I transferred them from Garmin Basecamp to my micro SD card, both maps said they were transferred with success.

When I look on the Map section under setup, only the Arizona topo shows, Nevada is nowhere to be found. So I did it again, but did Nevada after Arizona, and low and behold, it shows the Nevada topo and not the Nevada. So it appears the last map sent to the SD card is taking precedence for some reason.

The city navigator maps, Global, and Base maps were not effected.

Did I need to bundle them so they both show up or what am I doing wrong here? Also when I view the SD card under my Computer, it doesn't even show those files on the card, only my North American street maps (Garmin file) and the Geocaches I have downloaded to the card.

Thanks for any help, I know this isn't geocach related but still, someone has the answer, I just know it! : )

Edited by onthehuntin702

Well, I figured it out........... : )

You have to bundle the maps at the same time. They both show up on the device now, and both are enabled, but the Nevada Topo isn't actually working for some reason? Oh well, I just really need the AZ right now anyway. SHHEEEEESSEEE!!! : )

What happens is each map is saved with the same file name, and you likely are overwriting the first map each time with the second.

Newer versions of BaseCamp/MapInstall have resolved this issue. What versions are you using?

Look here for a step by step tutorial.

Edited by BMW JEDI

The version of Basecamp is the latest edition from Garmin's website as of today.

I figured it out, for some reason, the Nevada Topo map won't work when the city navigator map is activated. Weird.

Each map has a 'draw order', and generally, City Navigator is set to draw on top of most other maps, except transparent maps, which are set to draw on top of all other maps.

I just checked and GPSFileDepot has no transparent topo maps for Nevada. :(

The version of Basecamp is the latest edition from Garmin's website as of today.

I figured it out, for some reason, the Nevada Topo map won't work when the city navigator map is activated. Weird.

You will want to set up your Automotive Profile with City Navigator Active, and the TOPO off, and then you Recreational Profile with City Navigator deactivated and the TOPO Active.

This is how your GPS and the maps were intended to be used.

Any issues with using the TOPO maps, please post to the GPSFileDepot forum where the folk that have painstakingly created the TOPO can assist you.

You will want to set up your Automotive Profile with City Navigator Active, and the TOPO off, and then you Recreational Profile with City Navigator deactivated and the TOPO Active.

This is how your GPS and the maps were intended to be used.

Any issues with using the TOPO maps, please post to the GPSFileDepot forum where the folk that have painstakingly created the TOPO can assist you.

Perfect, thank you, that makes great sense.