Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IslandsAndOcean

GPS purchasing for Outreach/Education programs

Hello!

We are working on updating our programs, and have been looking into having a GPS lending library at our visitor center. We also have gps/geocaching lessons that we teach, but our GPS units for those classes are slowly falling into disrepair. We purchased them at full retail, and wonder if we might be able to work out a bid from different companies.

Does anyone have experience purchasing beginner GPS models for outreach and education programs?

Who did you contact?

How did you go about purchasing them from the company?

What was your experience? Did you receive a discount?

We are shooting for 10-30 units. We inquired with Garmin, but have not heard anything back.

Thanks for any help!

-I&O

Hi I&O,

I have sent you a message thru your geocaching user account. Feel free to send me an email at jcaulfield@magellanGPS.com and we can talk about the program that Magellan offers to groups that want to teach Geocaching.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello!

We are working on updating our programs, and have been looking into having a GPS lending library at our visitor center. We also have gps/geocaching lessons that we teach, but our GPS units for those classes are slowly falling into disrepair. We purchased them at full retail, and wonder if we might be able to work out a bid from different companies.

Does anyone have experience purchasing beginner GPS models for outreach and education programs?

Who did you contact?

We are shooting for 10-30 units. We inquired with Garmin, but have not heard anything back.

Thanks for any help!

-I&O

Hello,

I can share that I am a Pastor and have worked with Magellan on more than one occasion concerning acquiring GPSrs for different needs and they have always been open to working him me on these situations. About two years ago Magellan actually gave an eX610 to one of our missionaries who was heading to Africa to install wells and help the people learn to farm to produce food for themselves. That eX610 was a life saver to them and for the first time they were easily able to store tracks on their laptop and to store waypoints using Magellan’s Vantage Point software, which allowed them to scout the different areas and easily return to the villages. In doing this, they were also able to use Satellite topography allowing them to determine the best routes before leaving their base camps.

Anyway, back to the point. I have personally known and been cooperating with Jeff Caulfield from Magellan for the past couple of years and he will help you out if you give him the chance.

Rev. David Carr

Lenwood Community Church

Barstow, CA 92311

(760)253-7431

Hi I&O,

I have sent you a message thru your geocaching user account. Feel free to send me an email at jcaulfield@magellanGPS.com and we can talk about the program that Magellan offers to groups that want to teach Geocaching.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello!

Who did you contact?

Thanks for any help!

-I&O