Finding challenges near to home

Monkey_Chops

Hello.

How do I search for specific geocache types near to my home location? I can search for caches near me. I can search for caches with the word "Challenge" in the title. But I can't work out how to search for geocaches with the word "Challenge" in the title and then organise them by distance so that I can find the nearest ones. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Wow, how ironic! This is the exact question I was getting ready to ask. With the official Challenges being "retired", I still would like to complete some of them but I'm running into the same problem. I can search for the word challenge, but I can't filter it further to restrict it to a certain distance from home. Hopefully this will be added soon!

Wow, how ironic! This is the exact question I was getting ready to ask. With the official Challenges being "retired", I still would like to complete some of them but I'm running into the same problem. I can search for the word challenge, but I can't filter it further to restrict it to a certain distance from home. Hopefully this will be added soon!

I think there's some lingering confusion.

The "Challenges" that were retired last year no longer exist on the site, so you can't search for or complete them.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=304869

On the other hand, Challenge Caches still exist, and they require the word "challenge" to be in the cache name. They are categorized as "?", "Unknown" type of cache.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I view "SEARCH FOR CACHE BY NAME" almost a key work search but my gripe is that the results are not sorted by "home coordinates" which i feel make the list useless. I'm in CA and I get 1000's of results on a search for STAR - but the list starts with caches in New Zealand. Has the request been made previously that results for SEARCH BY NAME should be sorted differently?

I view "SEARCH FOR CACHE BY NAME" almost a key work search but my gripe is that the results are not sorted by "home coordinates" which i feel make the list useless. I'm in CA and I get 1000's of results on a search for STAR - but the list starts with caches in New Zealand. Has the request been made previously that results for SEARCH BY NAME should be sorted differently?

I couldn't agree more SkipperP. I gave up on searching for challenges as it is too time consuming. Hopefully Groundspeak is listening to us and is working on a solution for this.