How Do I get Pocket Query Onto GPS Device?

onthehuntin702

So I was able to create the pocket query, then download it to a folder, unzip it, and now I can't figure out how to get it onto my GPS Device (Oregon 300 if it matters)

Also, there is a waypoint file that is separate, why isn't that bundled with the other download? Can I go onto the pocket query screen that is linked in the email and just "write" them to GPS like I have done in the past. (when I was a "regular" member? read, SIMPLE!) : )

I then dragged the file into my "J" drive (mini data card attached to GPS) and it appeared that it moved it but no data transfer took place. I disconnected the device and nope, no new geocaches on the device.

Thanks and if I missed this in a faq somewhere please forgive, I looked. Thank you.

Edited by onthehuntin702

From another thread, dealing with a Delorme PN-60, but it doesn't matter as the procedure is the same:

Don't OPEN the file, it does you no good.

Simply unzip the file (if zipped) after download.

Plug '60 into computer and turn it on.

Open the device ('60) as an external drive.

Drag 'n Drop the unzipped files (there usually is two of them) to the unit or the SD card, if you are using one.

Shut down the '60.

Unplug it from computer.

Go caching.

From another thread, dealing with a Delorme PN-60, but it doesn't matter as the procedure is the same:

Don't OPEN the file, it does you no good.

Simply unzip the file (if zipped) after download.

Plug '60 into computer and turn it on.

Open the device ('60) as an external drive.

Drag 'n Drop the unzipped files (there usually is two of them) to the unit or the SD card, if you are using one.

Shut down the '60.

Unplug it from computer.

Go caching.

Thanks but I tried that procedure as I described in the original post. : )

Really depends on the GPS device - whatcha got?? :)

Plug your Oregon 300 onto a USB cable then open Windows Explorer. You should be able to see it as an external drive, like if you plugged in a thumb drive. Copy the two GPX files to the [Garmin_Drive]\Garmin\GPX folder.

Note that the extra file contains the additional waypoints, (parking, trail head, etc), for the caches in the bigger file. They do it that way so that those that are not interested in the additional waypoint can simply not copy it to their device.

Plug your Oregon 300 onto a USB cable then open Windows Explorer. You should be able to see it as an external drive, like if you plugged in a thumb drive. Copy the two GPX files to the [Garmin_Drive]\Garmin\GPX folder.

Note that the extra file contains the additional waypoints, (parking, trail head, etc), for the caches in the bigger file. They do it that way so that those that are not interested in the additional waypoint can simply not copy it to their device.

This one.

drop the unzipped GPX file in that folder - unhook and go caching.

OK, badda bing!! : )

That was the key, dropping it into the GPX portion of the drive. Otherwise it was just sitting in there and the GPS didn't know what to do with it I guess.

Working great now, thank you! : )

This one.

drop the unzipped GPX file in that folder - unhook and go caching.

Thank you, it worked! : )