Montana 600

rjerry

The top third of my screen is dark,shaded, ect. in some of the varios screens. Map display is ok but many of the other screens have the top third shaded. You can see icons in the shaded portion. This is something new I have never seen before. Pulled the battery and did a reset same thing. Garmin was no help but offered to fix it for $160. Unit has latest software and is less than 18 moths old.

The top third of my screen is dark,shaded, ect. in some of the varios screens. Map display is ok but many of the other screens have the top third shaded. You can see icons in the shaded portion. This is something new I have never seen before. Pulled the battery and did a reset same thing. Garmin was no help but offered to fix it for $160. Unit has latest software and is less than 18 moths old.

Sounds like you have the Favorites Dashboard active.

Tried that to no change.Bummer.

Post a screen shot, please.

Post a screen shot, please.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE TEAM FOR SOLVING THE MYSTERY. The only thing that is puzzleing is Garmin support did not even mention such a thing.

Please--what was the problem and what was the solution? In case I have the same issue on mine.

Also, what is the Main Menu Drawer? How do you see that it is open? And what does that mean?

Sorry for all the dumb questions--I'm new to the Montana and still learning about its features.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE TEAM FOR SOLVING THE MYSTERY. The only thing that is puzzleing is Garmin support did not even mention such a thing.

Please--what was the problem and what was the solution? In case I have the same issue on mine.

Also, what is the Main Menu Drawer? How do you see that it is open? And what does that mean?

Sorry for all the dumb questions--I'm new to the Montana and still learning about its features.

Nancy, try looking here for information about what a Main Menu Drawer is :)