I Need Your Help! President Clinton Removing GPS Selective Availability

Hello everyone!

I am in search of news related stuff about when President Clinton removed GPS selective availability. I have found many articles, however I am looking for any news footage(video), news audio, actual newspaper images, recorded press releases ect.

If anyone has anything it would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

SG

There was a link on the Whitehouse about it, but that doesn't work. If there's a search, look for stuff around May 1, 2000.

Here's the slashdot announcement and some fun stuff to read.

Aha! Whitehouse briefing, courtesy of the Wayback

Yuzzwelkum

Thanks for the reply. Thats all the information I'm looking for, but I'm looking for it on a visual/audio medium. I'm in the process of making a documentary about Geocaching and would like to include an archival video/audio of this event.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

There was a link on the Whitehouse about it, but that doesn't work. If there's a search, look for stuff around May 1, 2000.

Yuzzwelkum

Thanks for the reply. Thats all the information I'm looking for, but I'm looking for it on a visual/audio medium. I'm in the process of making a documentary about Geocaching and would like to include an archival video/audio of this event.

I've checked some sites, but this particular press conference does not appear to have been recorded on video. Many are not.

Yuzzwelkum

I've checked some sites, but this particular press conference does not appear to have been recorded on video. Many are not.

Thanks so much, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm even looking for news stories, or like a 60 minutes type video on GPS SA. Been looking but can't find nothing.